Metroid Fusion Sequel!!

How about the story continues like this:

Samus has escaped the X and SR388 are destroyed but now the GF want her dead for the destruction of a planet and important research facility. they then hunt her down and soon find her. they say they need a job done and they will help. samus agrees and in the field they double cross her and knock her unconscious. samus then awakes in a cell awaiting execution WITHOUT HER POWER SUIT. and when the guard comes to take her to the wall she kicks him in the chest and steals all his armor and weaponry. the game begins

Illogical. Your idea for Metroid Fusion 2: Defusion is illogical, Razot. Why would Samus work for the GF again, especially after she knows that they are going to severely dislike her for destroying their awesome plans of X and Metroids. It would seem more logical to me that the game would be merely about escaping from the GF, and if this sequel was ever made into a game it would be likely that the GF would hire bounty hunters to hunt the bounty hunter.

According to the official Smash website, there are currently 12 characters returning in SSBB…but since its updated every day, that’s plenty of time to put in 13 (or 14 if you count Sheik) characters correct? Incorrect. The original release date was two weeks ago, so the characters revealed on that site now are the only ones that was planned to be revealed…and if there are going to be 13 characters added that we are unaware of, it seems illogical that the designers would attempt to keep characters that have been in the two previous games secret, such as Luigi, Falco, Jigglypuff, and Ness. There are more, but it just seems that keeping a character like Luigi “secret” is a poor development strategy.

What exactly is Kraid’s species?

(P.S. Resistance is illogical.)

illogical but it would be cool without the power suit and being an escaped convict having to find your way around a brand new planet trying to find your power suit only to find that gf have been trying to duplicate it and you end up fighting a lower class you. so stuff the samus and gf betraying her. its about imagination. sure bounty hunters would be more logical but who knows.

So it’s basically just Fusion again, except with Samus even more pathetically weak an the SA-X more intelligent.

Lovely.

I also fail to see how the Federation could POSSIBLY knock Samus out in her power suit, especially for long enough to remove it without killing her–in Fusion she was unconscious, and they still had a hell of a hard time just removing the infected portions.

Ah, but if samus was awake, she could tell it to come off. You see, that was the problem in MF, she couldn’t tell it to come off!
So all the feds have to do is ask her to deactivate it in the… field.

Wait-

Hell, for that matter… when she takes it off, it just disappears off her, then apparently teleports back on. CAN she take it off normally? Does it HAVE hinges or anything or would they have to literally break pieces off and remove those?

The way I understand is it that it’s like a semi-sentient skin. It can communicate with Samus (so she has perfect touch through it, for instance), and she has to be conscious to take it off.

You know, I didn’t distort facts, and I didn’t wildly assume anything, I just didn’t KNOW about SR388. In MF, there was NO mention of the planet being destroyed. Maybe Adam said something about impact with SR388 and exploding the station, but at NO time did they say it was destroyed. Anyway, what you quoted was from an official. That was his interpretation, and I’m sure we’ve all got ours. Just like the suit dispersing and re-organising back together. At no time was there a mention of this, apart from in MZM. Even that is his own interpretation. I’m just giving mine, and you whine about its authenticity. Opinions aren’t always authentic. Nor are facts. And it was not some fervent and stubborn fanboy bewilderment and distortion of ‘truth’.

OK!! so my idea is so rubbish even the rubbish would call it rubbish. but anyway as everyone knows gf have been working on data for the power suit and even made the varia suit data in fusion so that might just give gf enough potential to copy her suit, add more on to it, use very strong alloys to strengthen the suit and maby even make a new type of beam that might just penetrate samus’s suit. remember in fusion they removed her suit save her? they must know how to smash it in to bits.

(i wander what hand she writes with)

Her left, writing with her right is kinda difficult.

I don’t think the Fed can replicate the basis, it’s like programming.
A C++ programmer relies on their C++ compiler, right? Think of the feds techies as programmers, and Sammy’s suit as the compiler. They can’t make said compiler, they need it to run their ‘software’.
IMO, the suit must have some sort of matter-energy module, which would allow for things like the Morph ball, screw attack, the suit getting bigger when she get’s the Varfia suit, her seemingly endless beam shots, etc.

I’d also assume it came with a competant combat-computer, else it would be difficult to use Morph-ball, what with having no eyes (Or indeed a brain), or the screw attack, what with spinning many times a second, and so on.

Apparently, after viewing this discussion, I have come to the conclusion that many things in the Metroid series are, in fact, illogical. Its a shame that people spend time arguing about moot points.

I mean, yeah, Nintendo could come along and be all like "OMFG an teh XPaRASite suRVIv-eD! iN teh samUS cAn haS sHIP! deATH TO TEH GALAXY!!!1one! …

And yes, it would be cool to have a game like that, but ya know, we have all thought that up and made fangames and fanfics … wouldn’t it be nice to have something different and unexpected?

Why don’t you all have patience, and wait to see what Nintendo does with the series? I mean, who knows. Maybe Fusion is the end. It kinda sums up everything. Like Daz once told me. “Metroid” means ultimate warrior to the Chozo. Once Samus had been injected with Metroid DNA, she pretty much became everything the series was leading up to … the Ultimate Warrior. I think they should just leave it be, but thats my opinion.

Axion, you stole the words out of my mouth, talking about illogical points in the Metroid series. There is a list of them right HERE. You might need to speak french though, and not all incoherences and irrationality is in there.

Fanfics and fangames are there to express our personal opinion, our idea of Metroid. But game designers are there to give a turn, a twist to a plot (e.g. MF). A game designer who does not do this is a failed designer because the game would fade into monotony.

Yet again, what you say is agin your interpretation of the events and Dazuro’s. People are allowed to contest it, and you are aloud to do so for theirs. I might agree with what you say, but I don’t know where you got the notion of ‘Ultimate Warrior’ from (Sakamoto’s interview?).

T’instruction manual.

Timmehboy, it may just be their interpretation, but it’s a good one. Metroid does mean “Ultimate Warrior” to the Chozo. Since, in MF, Samus was injected with Metroid DNA, I am inclined to agree with them. Samus became what the series was leading up to. It just makes sense. Yes, it may be an interpretation, but I can bet that it’s better than 99% of the other interpretations found on the web. My point is that just because it’s one person’s interpretation, that doesn’t mean you can’t take it as fact.

It’s not an interpretation if the games and the creators both directly say it.

Exactly s123i68. It doesn’t mean that it’s their opinion that I don’t agree with it. Anyway, I don’t have the MF booklet because I bought it second hand. Ignorant as I may be, I only knew that Metroids were Chozo creations, nothing else. And also because I’m not an absolute Metroid freak.

It’s a little late, but to throw my opinion out there, I think they should FILL IN the gap between fuzion and Super Metroid. Honestly, god knows how much could have happened in there.

Sakurai said he’d explain Ridley’s frozen body in a later game, right? So mabye the space pirates get defeated for good or something before fuzion, and X ridley and the X pirates are just from DNA and crap.

But yeah, I’m not worried about what’s after fuzion just yet…though I don’t want them to pull a prime 3 and screw up the story more.

It’s spelled “Fusion”.

I don’t see how “MP3 ruined Metroid storyline!”

I concur, Dragon. MP3:C didn’t mess with the storyline at all. It’s a side-story to the actual story.

Also, I just basically came up with the assumption that Ridley’s body was captured and put into deep freeze. Although, that wouldn’t explain the glowing eyes that he has before crumbling, unless those were the X working it’s magic…