Metroid: Galaxy Undersiege *Shelved*

Update: Major Changes

I have given it some thought and I have desided to change the graphical style of the game plus add in mouse aim.

Graphics-wise I’ve decided to use a much simpler cartoon/comic style instead of near photorealistic. Why? It is much easier to fab the sprites/background, game smaller and faster, fits more to what I wanted anyway, still looks good, previous style takes too much time for the small details that won’t be appreciated anyway.

New Features-mouse aim. Why? More flexible, cool, unique.

On the drawing board (add your two cents please)

Weapons-stacking-probibly not

Scaning-maybe, limited though

Online-who knows, possibly

Sumer-salt/Screw Attack-don’t count on it.

Romantic walks with mystery boyfriend-bwahahahahahaha…heck no

Controlable Gunship/Other Vehicles-maybe

Training…Target practice on Teletubys,Barnie,My Little Pony-good question,sounds fun.

If you have any suggestions let me know

aw, the 3-d models made it unique.

No they didn’t. Lost of games use that. <_<

wo wo wo…hold the phone, I didn’t say anyting about not ussing 3d models, quite the opposite in fact. I’m simply useing a different rendering style.
OLD

NEW

fewer colors are used and less detail is required, most other sprites/ backgrounds will be do in this manner. THis also allows for spriting to be done, else everything would have to be rendered.

personally, i like the old style better, but its up to you.

oh and her shoes shouldnt be attached to the triangles going up her shin XD

by the way, what 3d program are you using, milkshape?

Very good! d(<<b) <— Thumbs up! Nice model!

model is not complete, (hand missing and other details)

And I use 3d Studio Max 7 although I don’t know half its functions ( more than the space shuttle :slight_smile:) alot of the sprites are going to be made these way.

Sweet! I thought you were going 2-D (my bad).

I like the Cellshaded version! It’s awesomelike!

EDIT: Maybe you can make a setting where there is the Celshaded (normal) and original (the older one) graphics?

maybe you can unlock the suit by getting 100% finish :wink:

umm…great idea
good luck with the game

the idea is unique, story is good, and your samus is missing all the details, make sure to add those, though im sure you already have started on them, lol. also, how will you do aiming? what program are you using?

also (not same idea, so not double post right?) your graphics dont look right. i mean, each individually (except for the samus sprite, which is much less detailed, and much less full of depth than the other samus sprites) are all good, but they are all pretty much different. it seems like you stitched a bunch of different graphics together from many metroid games, your own creations 3d, and 2d, it seems a lot like a poorly ripped up fangame. im sure that you realized that, and are working on all the graphics in the same way…well, i hope that you did anyway. also, you still have the ol press right and left at same time and moonwalk in place glitch, as well as the fact that morphball bombs dont bounce, explosions are off, right and left pressed at same time also affects air movement of course, and the other glitches that point themselves out due to jumping. also the pickups need to be bigger. i am sure that you realized all of this though and happen to be working on it, so good luck!

Im switching to mouse-aim. Left Click-Fire(Charge) Right Click-Missile (Super Weapon) ASWD will control moving, jumpimg, and morphball (no crouch)

I’d like to say that the demo is extremely old, from last fall in fact, it will look and function a heck of a lot better in my beta demo.

I’m useing Game Maker 6.1 cause it pretty much does what i need.

And minus a few touch-ups…heres my Samus Model

loads better, good animation, and since you said you didn’t have details, i will act as if it did (trying to think ahead to your final samus), it is nearly perfect, though the shading looks a little too much like you got it from 3d, from what you say, all i can recommend now is that you make everything from the same 3d engine so they look like they were all made for same game, though you are smart, so you might find a better way, whatever, looking good so far!

I have previously stated that I intend to make most of the sprites/backgrounds in the manner so everything looks like it fits the scheme

my bad, i kinda wasn’t in the mood to read all 3 pages, sorry ed, you deserve for me to read them but…well…im busy, lol :stuck_out_tongue: good luck on game!

I honestly don’t blame you , I do the same thing all the time.

The luck Of the irsh!!!
oh nice game…continues dancing

…Dut,dut,Dut,dut,Dut,dun,nu,nu,nu,Dut,dut,Dut,dut,Dut,dun,nu,nu,nu,du ,Dut,dut,Dut,Dut, Dun,Nu,Nu,Nu :smiley:> :smiley:>

BTW…new engine demo (very early,and glitchy) on the way. Sports new model,mouse aiming, and the purple teletuby?

Plasma + Cotton based costume = :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp: