Metroid: Other M

Regular missiles, not Prime style energy.

Nice catch.

Also:

“Sakamoto: You’re right when you say that you start off with more weapons this time but have to receive permission to unlock them. But I should tell you that you’ll also be defeating enemies and acquiring upgrades on your own as well. Of course, I can’t say too much about it at the moment, but we’re definitely trying to find a balance point between receiving permission and finding weapons yourself.”

The TV ad is now up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB9KDIA3KIw
This, is absolutely epic. It gave me chills, wonderful. I like Ridley’s new look, he looks more alien and less dinosaur-ish, less natural and more fucked up.

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwkhm9-E28&feature=sub
0:57 Adam killer? There’s definitely something going on with that thing…

And:
http://metroid-database.com/
Check videos for Biosphere, Cryophere, and Pyrosphere. Also, Aquasphere confirmed with Skulteras! Does this confirm the Gravity Suit?

Gravity suit’s been confirmed for a few days. >_> As have Skulteras for a couple weeks. Nice try.

The suit looks pretty retarded, though.

Yeah. Sakamoto said he wanted it to stay orange because making it entirely purple would be too colorful for the game’s mood.

Never mind the neon purple ghalmanians and space pirates…

lolwut
Link please. This better be some bull shit hoax

That…that’s pretty stupid, I’m not going to lie.

Instead of making Samus glow purple they should just modify the suit’s model a little bit to give it distinction. This wouldn’t HAVE to be purple; it could stay yellow and orange.

“Now is not satisfied, You have to still be orange, The last function when open gravity, The light was green breast In that light colors like pink to purple little Gravity 付Kimashita feature has to be expressed. Iwata In other words, but orange suits I did change the color of light purplish pink at the breast.”

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/interview/r3oj/vol2/index.html

Daz, you heard anything about a soundtrack release?

And that Grav. Suit is just WTF?

I think I got it, but holy crap, that was a bear to read.

This mildly annoys me, but hey, it might not be all that bad. Of course, I could be a blind fanboy, as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

I definitely would have preferred a full re-color of the suit, rather than just a glow and a few minute changes to the colors of the lights on her arm cannon and breastplate.

I think it looks cool, but not for the gravity suit. :\

Then again, in Metroid I’s official art the Varia Suit was depicted as Samus’s normal Power Suit but surrounded by an energy aura. It was simply recolored for gameplay simplification. And they did say they were trying to go back to the M1 roots with this game.

There is a lot of good things about the original Metroid. The isolation, the free-to-explore openness of the map, the difficulty.

There is a lot of bad things about the original Metroid. The graphics, the controls.

Which did they find worthy to take inspiration from? OF COURSE!

Yeah, I’m annoyed at this. Mostly because I really, really fucking hate the color scheme of the Varia Suit and was hoping it wouldn’t last long. Oh well. ._.

The controls weren’t bad at all. O_o They were a bit unresponsive at times, but that’s the engine, not the buttons…

And the Varia didn’t look like that in gameplay. Fail.

Would’ve probably been better to say that Samus’s design in general was bad, but whatever.

well there’s also the inability to crouch to attack low down enemies and the inability to attack diagonally, though thats just the NES.

also what’s wrong with orange 072?

Varia’s cool and all, but the satisfaction of a new suit is just refreshing. Point is, I’m extremely disappointed. Everything I’ve seen so far gave this game a 10 out of 10. This cut it down to like a 6. Sakamoto, fuck you for fucking up something cool by trying to be creative and classic. I wanna punch you. In the facer.

In summary:

[NERDRAGE]

[/NERDRAGE]

To be fair, I find the Hazard Shield to be my favorite suit in the series not for its design, but for the awesome glowing aura effects when it’s in Phazon or acid rain or whatever. The aura is just so cool looking.

Even if they stick with only auras for suits in this, it COULD have some damn nice effects.

You know it, hairball. >_>
No but seriously it’s the Gravity Suit. It should be the way it has been for…15 years. Personally I would like to see the suit with Prime’s Gravity colors, those were beautiful. Samus looks really weird. I mean, I could get use to it I guess, once I play through it a few times it probably won’t be a big deal anymore. But the truth is (and I’m sure the majority of the human race agrees) traditional Gravity looks better. What the fuck were they smoking when they decided on this. When noobs think Gravity, I don’t want them to picture this Happy Plum Suit. >_>

The good news: If enough people rage, it would be easy for them to change.

The bad news: Not enough people will rage.

The worst news: They probably don’t care.