Metroid: Other M

The good news: It’ll still be an awesome game:

The bad news: People bitch about anything and everything.

The worst news: They think their opinion matters, only succeeding to annoy everyone else in the process.

yeah, what he said.

Wow…only a week left. >_>

Plenty of people raged at starcraft 2’s battle.net v2.0 system and Blizzard just said “fuck you.”

Fact is, companies don’t care about what people want; they care about making money. Sometimes what people want will cause the company to make more money, giving the illusion that companies actually care about their customers, but that’s just coincidence.

Not all companies are ass holes.

Just most.

Because they know how to separate legitimate complaints from “it’s different so it sucks.” Battle.net 2.0 is one of the most stable systems out there with an incredible matchmaking service, excellent friendlist support and a decent custom game system. If they’d just fix the mandatory upload policy or the five-map limit, it would be damn near perfect.

People would still bitch, of course, because it isn’t exactly what they released 10 years ago.

the problem people have is the limits that are in place, put any limit that is more limmiting than a previous release and people will bitch, LAN support…or lack thereof is what pissed most people off, correct me if I’m wrong but LAN parties are one of the things that made starcraft 1 so freaking popular in the first place.

Problem with bitching about Metroid: Other M (specifically) now: Um, it’s being released in, like, seven days. Production is finished, they’re shipping the final product. No changing stuff now.

Yeah…unless they release a different version or something, but yeah it’ll just take some getting use to. I’m complaining because from that picture you can assume how it’s gonna feel, and from that, it’s kind of a dumb decision comparing to just making the same Gravity Suit. And the whole thing about it changing the atmosphere of the game or what not, there’s a hell of a lot more purple in other parts of the game…Plus blue-purple matches water better then pink-orange-purple.

-End fanrage-

edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGYGxZTzQo…player_embedded
0:14-HOLYSHIT wtf is that thing
0:22-what is happening there D:
0:24-jizz of epic proportions

Ridley’s looking a hell of a lot better now :astonished:

I dunno if they changed him or if he just grew on me or if these are just better shots, but either way… wow.

As for :22, looks like one of the Feds is a traitor to me. Huh.

And :14 is a monster we’ve seen quite a lot of actually >_> I assume it’s the new Sheegoth or something.

But superior because it has antlers. :B

Prime example of a notable flaw in the battle.net system: Australia is region locked to Asia, which makes no sense because Australia’s packet flows through America to Asia.

And did I mention, you can’t change regions? The old battle.net allowed you to switch to different region servers but here they just lock you into one region, so if you have international friends or would like to try your hand against Koreans, it’s out of the picture.

Oh and you do realize that they got rid of lan play, right? If you want to have a lan party, you’d have to put up with internet latency rather than lan latency. GG.

Ever since Activision acquired Blizzard, Blizzard’s been a giant fucktard. Yes, that’s right… Blizzard is now a subsidiary of Activision, and as such they’re a subsidiary of the even larger french conglomerate Vivindi games. Point is, Blizzard isn’t the same company as you remember from SC1, D2 era, daz.

i heard they had decided against getting rid of lan o3o

i could be wrong though…

Nope, it’s gone. If I were them, the first thing I would look into patching in would be LAN.

dummkopfs

They said they’re going to patch the region-lock to allow access, it just hasn’t happened yet. And who gives a shit about lan play? It’s a relic from a time before people had reliable internet. It’s not important any more. Yes, some people would like to have it, but not enough to be worth spending their time and money developing for it.

Activision has nothing to do with it. They have little to no control over Blizzard’s policies, people just love to point at any little thing Blizzard does that’s either questionable or outright wrong and say “OMG LOOK ACTIVI$ION.” The best example of this is of course the price–the same as War3, but no one remembers that and insists that it’s only $60 because of Activision.

Blizzard’s the same company it’s always been, but thanks to Activision people are more critical of them, and thanks to their reputation people expect more of them.

But this is all getting rather off topic at this point.

1- LAN parties.
2- Lower latancy
3- I STILL don’t have reliable internet. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the subject of Other M… I can’t wait to play it in true 1080p. :stuck_out_tongue:

If my disk drive when I get my new PC does the optical disks I’ll be able to do that too, without torrents since I’m getting a 2.6 i7…that should do it right zurg? Also this is assuming that dolphin decides to run Other M, there are games that it won’t.

also even if you are stuck on the Internet latency when people from the same lan are connecting to each other is something like 10ms on average, in other words, its still better even if you have to use the battle.net servers, though LAN networking for that sort of things is still better.

also @Daz: Vevendi has nothing to do with Activision being the biggest dicks in the gaming industries figurative room, people like Kotick work for activision first, not vevendi directly.

Just have to point out that Blizzard has been part of Vivendi since forever <_< This is nothing new.

Other M looks freaking great, I wish I had a freaking TV to hook my Wii up to, I wish my monitor had component plug-ins, I wish the idiots and Best Buy and Future Shop would stop telling me
this doesn’t exist.

Daz, I know what you mean, now that I look at it again it is that thing, it looked like a bigger version of that thing for some reason. Also, the video was just translated, if you watch it at MDB there is text at the bottom, which reveals someone in the GF is indeed, a traitor.

Anyway, OtherM is one of the few 2 layered disks for Wii, and Happy Plum Suit IS NOT the Gravity Suit:
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/23914
Yeah I know it’s the same thing just well…different, but the fact that it’s not the Gravity Suit is a relief to me, proving I just bugged out over nothing before.

Sorry bout that >_>

dual layered huh? so that makes their ranks swell to what? two?

funny that they should both be metroid games

Brawl.