Metroid: Other M

Goddamn. My friend who got it said he was 100% sure he got it with the bridge extended, so I never even looked down there.

I finally got 100% and I must say I am very satisfied with the extras. At first I was upset with the length of the game, but the gallery, the theater, and hard mode make up for it…

100% get.

Awesome art in the gallery… Phantoon especially. Wow.

Now I want a Wii…

So get one…
Yeah so the only reason Kenji Yamamoto didn’t compose for this game is because he was busy with Donkey Kong… lolwut. He does every Metroid game up until now, because he’s busy with a monkey. And in my opinion, if there’s any game where he SHOULD be composing, it should be this one because it’s such a big change to traditional.

He only did Super, ZM, and the Primes.

Didn’t Tanaka do Super?

In other words, he did the best ones. I’m quite sure he did the Original Metroid, too. But he did absolutely wonderful with all of them, why did he have to go and do Donkey Kong, the series does not require a composer of his skill… I’m not hating on Donkey Kong, I’m just a bit disappointed with some of Other M’s soundtrack. I like the Zebesian theme, but the Space Pirate theme from Prime was so called for during the first battle.

Never mind, Tanaka did Metroid 1 only. Guess I’m going crazy.

Finally got it working on my rig… all I can say is these cut scenes are beautiful. ;-;

Controls are a bit… meh. I can feel the shot lag. I’m used to my 1ms response times lol.

Anyone else notice the charge beam sound is the same one from Prime?

gee maybe they ripped the effect?

what do you mean finally got it working? troubles with dolphin?

Yeah, and I want to play it on there because my TV sucks balls.

12:06:01 – 100%

I have mixed feelings about the game. The story was super lame and it kind of killed Samus as a character for me, but I liked it anyway. I don’t know why.

The gameplay was mostly good, but there was a billion ways it could have been improved. The first thing I noticed was that not being able to run off ledges can get extremely annoying. Also, I hated the invisible walls everywhere which almost made the game feel like it was on rails. The controls added to this somewhat but weren’t as bad as I was suspecting. Still, it would have been way better to use an analogue stick, without a doubt. I have no idea what they were thinking, but oh well.

So wtf does “Other M” mean, anyway? “Other Madeline”?

Killed Samus? She acts exactly the same as before.

The ledge-running is really inconsistent. It’ll save your ass sometimes, but randomly you’ll be able to run off a ledge by accident into lava, and other times you can’t walk calmly off a cliff onto a lower step. Wtf.

The analog stick would make the Speed Booster a major pain.

Other M refers to:

-MB, Melissa, Madeline
-Samus as a mother to the metroid
-Melissa as a mother to the other metroids
-The other metroids
-Mother Brain

It’s multifaceted and thus has false depth.

Also, anyone who’s gotten to Ridley should view this:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8597/1283723646727.jpg

I find it highly entertaining. Spoiler alert, of course.

Yeah, I like the fact they used the same charge beam sound. Also, morphology ball sound is not the same, but it’s very similar. Yeah forget my Kenji freak out moment. I’m just a little disappointed that there weren’t many remixes.

I get very angry when I see people’s opinions sometimes. One person says this was great, this was bad. The next person says this was terrible, and this was okay. Whoever says the story wasn’t good, is not thinking deep enough. Whoever says the gameplay is bad just wants to complain. I thought it was great, and if I could ask for a better game all I would want is a longer game, more remixes, and a primish Gravity Suit. The part where you get the Gravity Suit was awesome.

oh no

the opinions

they burn

What’s with that attitude, man? Seriously, grow up. Not everyone has to agree with you.

no attitude, just saying my opinion, even though that contradicts my point…

idk… nevermind

http://media.www.the-telescope.com/media/s…m-3926613.shtml

Here’s the review, by the way.

xP

Finally clearing up whether Prime is actually canon to the main series…

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/23982

The answer is yes. They are indeed part of the timeline, despite the insistence by much of the fanbase that they aren’t.