Metroid: Other M

Well back on topic, I just beat hard mode. Unfortunately, not only am I disappointed to inform you that you get nothing from beating hard mode, but there is no post credits sequence. I suppose it makes sense that you can’t get 100% but I at least wanna fight the FINAL boss, even though it would literally be impossible. So yeah there’s nothing, unless I am missing something, which I hope I am… :confused:

Random Other M fact: The cut-scenes are stored (and rendered) at a higher resolution than the Wii can output. (720p)

Seems like a waste of disk space to me.

Well that’s interesting. Did they give any rationale for that?

Nope.

Does anyone have their Wii on an HDTV and have good enough eyes to see if it renders the scenes above 480p?

I only know this because I’m rendering it on Dolphin at 720p… and the scenes are clearly not pixelated. I’ll go run and grab a screencap. :smiley:

Definitely a low bit-rate, but definitely NOT 480p. This is running at 1280x800.

yeah actually, it looks better than a DVD.

good to see that at least here, ppl are not saying the series is dead and sakamoto should die in a fire…

The internet is a harsh and cruel mistress. But her siren call will bring many to their knees…

Yeah, people are a little too uptight for their own good. I, for one, actually thought Other M was delivered quite nicely, and while it didn’t hit the nail directly on the head, it was still a solid game. I enjoyed it, and will continue to enjoy it for months to come.

Nintendo is doing with Metroid what every company should do: taking a chance with the series. They’re trying new things, trying to innovate a formula that has worked in the past. Every series should be so lucky. Sure, you get some games that just make you gag, but hey, if everything in the gaming world always stayed the same, we’d still be playing shoddy games on an Atari console. :stuck_out_tongue:

Call of Duty anyone? After CoD2, they were all the same really…

And on that note, Battlefield?

Yeah, but Battlefield felt like less of a rehash, due to the vast improvements. I always loved Battlefield. It was a better game to start with.

I’m getting pretty bored with CoD/BF/other generic war shooters, especially now that neither really support mods/community-made maps or anything. I’ll pick one up every couple of years for the single-player, but with the small map pool, I feel like multiplayer will get stale real fast.

I do like the story in BF: BC2, though. More personal than the usual “generic characters in a war.” And I get that some people -like- the more ‘realistic’ stories like that, but I tend to like character development more.

That’s so they can keep making rehashes and map packs. :smiley:

Such as BF: BC2 Vietnam, the map pack that will be priced as a full game!

Or maybe that’s more of a rehash.

I thought it was just 10 bucks since it was just 4 nam themed maps.

It’s possible. I don’t actually pay attention to these things, I just pass on what my ex-room mates complain about as fact.

Yeah, DICE ain’t that stupid. They’re not Activision or anything.

But Dice is part of EA, which is like the old Activision…

Which is a lot better than the new Activision. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck Bobby Kotick.

I’m waiting for someone to pull a MW2 in Activision’s offices.