Metroid Overdrive

Hmm…this is hard to fix, but that sounds like a good idea, I guess…I’ll do something so people know you are supposed to start. Also, I think the camera is too fast now…I’ll slow it down a bit. Lol

I don’t mean to double post, but I just finished fixing a few things and adding some other things too…

1. It now says “Start Mission” as soon as you get control over Samus.
  2. The camera moves slower and smoother
  3. A few minor things fixed in opening cutscene (Don’t worry about it, nothing important)
  4. Cannot fall through ground or ship.
  5. Shooting in air (Aiming up and down) Fixed/added.

Here’s the link again:
http://www.solidflash.com/mgame.html

Nice. The only things I see now are that Samus can’t move left or right in the air while aiming down, and if you’re firing while aiming down when you hit the ground Samus sometimes does a little dancing thing.

Once those are fixed, just continue on with adding diagonal aiming in the air and on the ground, energy systems, enemies, special effects, etc., because I don’t think anything else needs fixing at the moment unless it’s really subtle.

Yeh…I got ya, I’ll get to fixin that right away. I had it so there is diagonal aiming while running, but I’m starting to think I need to make it so you can aim with W and E or something (L and R triggers)…but yes, after fixing that, the energy system will be the next project. It won’t be too hard though…

cool, you really have this thing down, what are you using again? (sorry, missed earlier threads, i believe said something only for cutscene, not game)

Is anyone working with you outrage or are you doing overdrive by yourself?

I am using Flash for the whole game. The coding, and the cutscenes…

I’m doing it all myself, but if anyone offers to help, I’ll have to think about it. I think I want to do most of it myself though.

Here, if anyone wants to help, here’s what you can do:

Post some sounds for any of the metroid games here. I can’t find very many myself. I’d really appretiate it, thanks.

I got music from games from here.
Metroid 1 music
Metroid 2 music
Super Metroid Music
Metroid Fusion Music
Metroid Zero Mission Music
Metroid Prime Music
Metroid Prime 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Good Luck Outrage

Thanks a ton, man. Anyone else have any sounds or music? I need sound effects the most now, lol.

No problem.I’m glad to help.

Wait – you have to pay to download these files? Ahh…I wanna make this game on a no budget kinda thing…lol, is there any other place you guys know of? Sorry, man…lol

You don’t have to pay.All you need is a File Planet account.S2SJH1WWaBaadYrmS5IehWMnLDnWo1TLIiwJ2vf]Qm1Z5NifNdyczJK6Kg4qk5BNihPmTWuIOHKw__]Register here.

All of the files are only available to subscribers. I gotta pay a weekly/monthly. I dont wanna do that.

You only have to pay if you want the downloading to go super duper fast.Its free if you have an account.This is only if you want no ads,download super fast,and to get guides.If you sign up you can download anything(For free).
S2SJH1WWaBaadYrmS5IehWMnLDnWo1TLIiwJ2vf]Qm1Z5NifNdyczJK6Kg4qk5BNihPmTWuIOHKw__]sign up

Alright, sweet, man…I figured it out. Again, thanks a ton!

And I’ve been to that sound site before. They don’t have anything.

You sure this site doesn’t have sounds :confused:

Alright… I just noticed a few things.

I don’t know how, but when I was rolling under the ship, I hit jump, and went right through the left wing. I’d imagine I somehow slipped past the solid tiles, went through the middle of the wing (not solid, I’m guessing?), and slipped through the other side (Also guessing that those tiles only prohibit passing through one side. That side of course being the top)

Next, where the ship flies to the planet, it’s the exact same as the Super Metroid cutscene where Samus flies to Zebes, except you replaced ‘Planet Zebes’ With ‘Planet Cilon’.
I would at least stick the right ship in there. People are going to notice that somehow the ship changed from yellow to purple when she landed.

And if you right click anywhere in the game and hit ‘back’ to restart it, it makes… really annoying noises. And the background and ground looks like Super Metroid background/ground to me. (more sure about the background than the ground.)

err… You know you can go around asking fans who remix the music to do one for you. Then all you have to do is look for a Midi-MP3 program (cuz FLash dosen’t support MIDIs) and then your set. Have fun.

Yeh, that site has sounds, but none of them are from Metroid. A lot of good that does. lol

Well, the whole cutscene was all done by me. I didn’t take a video from any of the games or anything, I simply took a ton of sprites and made it myself. The only reason the ship changes color is because I really couldn’t find a behind version of the fusion ship. Fusion is one of the few metroid games I have never played, sadly, so I am guessing there isn’t one. The yellow ship simply is yellow because of the fact that the boosters are on in the back. But I was actually thinking of using the Super Metroid ship, in fact, I’ll change it and see how it would look.

I am going to remove the right click menu as soon as the game is done. I left it there for now, so I can easily test certain parts of the game without having to keep replaying the whole thing. You guys can just ignore that for now.

And the background/ground are Super Metroid tiles. If you didn’t notice, I am using sprites from different games to make a combo game. A MF ship, ZM Samus and soon enemies, and SM tiles for the backgrounds. I thaught that would be a good idea so I don’t have to pick favorites.

And I thaught about remixing the music myself, but I figured why? I am using sprites from the actual gam. What would be the point in having different music when the sprites aren’t made by me? Eh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

There is one. It even turns left and right to go in different directions. I don’t know where you’d get it, but don’t give up hope.

Well, if you want to be consistent, that’s fine. But music makes up a lot of the atmosphere, and atmosphere makes up a lot of the gameplay. If you use music from the games, the atmosphere will probably feel pretty stale and old. I’m sure there are many people here willing to help you make a few remixes or custom songs for your game, including me.