Metroid Prime:4 Rebirth of Dark Samus

Well I have Samus front view but the side and running I need help on. You can look at it under MOVS page 3 last one.

Well is been close to a year now when I put this on the forum, and now we have some progress done, like 4%. So anyway the only thing I need is a team and more time then this fangame will be made. I have change the name since I thought that the world Oblivion is used so much.

…kay

I was wondering if P2D has some sprites that need to be redone or edited, I’m feeling useless on my fangame, there is no motivation our anything just a few sprites and that it! The little help we have, I dont know if they are making sprites, background or anything else?

But we are trying for a demo to be release, soon I hope.

I never say this, but maybe you should just end the project. After like what, a year you only have 4% done? The plot is lame and doesn’t sound very interesting, I’m surprised you even planned on building a game off of that… If you’re having trouble making Samus walk, then you should stop trying to make a Metrod game and learn how to use your Game Making Program first. Think about it, walking is one of the most basic parts of any game, if you can’t get that right how will you do anything else? The project doesn’t have any motivation, the progress is super slow, the plot is sloppy and uninteresting, and it does not seem like you evn want to continue this yourself. Just cancel the game and try learning how to use GM or whatever, start off simple like doing a mario game or something.

The game is postpone/cancelled until later notice, I will download GM and try to make a simple game and learn how it works and what doesn’t work.

The game story line will be re-read and change into something else and the plot.

That is my annoucement in my forum. We are trying to get a demo out soon, if anyone would like to join then click on my profile. (please note: I still need a programmer and etc.)

Can i help out? :sunglasses:

sigh

Good luck.

I wish more people would realize that an engine is the only thing any game really needs. You can make a fully playable game with only crappy/copied sprites and no sound.
In other words, “we need a programmer” means “we have no real progress”, for 99% of fangames.

And on the flip side, if you have a bunch of sprites and resources and plans, all you need to do is find an engine to get things rolling.

I suppose, but it never seems to happen that way.

Sure why not just click on my member name or my sig. Well my or ours plans is to have all the sprites and background done before an engine is made so we can get a test demo up. Only thing we need is luck and a lot of it well maybe not too much luck.

No, a lot.

If none of you can program, what will you make it in, Microsoft Powerpoint?

Ha,… I don’t think you can make a game with powerpoint; however, once when we get DSL Internet then I will download GM.(About time AT&T came here with their DSL)

Powerpoint can’t make games?!
Yes, thats why I said it, you seem to be assuming you can just make an engine, and that’s simply not true. GM isn’t a mind reader, my engine took me a lot of effort, and I actually know GML.

You can make games in PowerPoint. It supports VBA anyway. :slight_smile:

Haha, really?
Awesome.