Metroid: The X-Child

I’m goin’ with the second one! XD
Guys, I’m not goin’ to make posts here anymore, so if someone is still interested, feel free to visit my page for further information on updates. Thanks for the attention!

we’re all still interested
im just really confused X.x

So you’re saying that my game (along with several others, including Doctor Mario’s AM2R) are completely worthless because we’re using a mixture of official, edited, and custom sprites? That’s just harsh. This is a fangame. Nobody will give a damn if the game was made using custom graphics or not. This reminds me of the bullshit a lot of “Wannabe Programming Elitists” give us saying that “your game isn’t a ‘real’ game because it was made with GM or MMF2 which takes away all the hard work.” It’s just stupid and arrogant to say such things. And lastly, I’m sure I can honestly say that anybody would rather play a fun and solid fangame using all ripped graphics than an unpolished or glitchy game using all custom graphics (not referencing your fangame by any means). If you can make a game using all custom graphics and have a good engine as well then good for you, but don’t insult everyone else because we use ripped graphics. It just makes you look ignorant…

Damn, couldn’t resist!
Candy Man Criminal - didn’t mean anything offensive, just entered the post twice(net connection, you know).
Dragon, learn to read posts carefully! You missed “unless you have a good plot” and nobody wanted to insult you! And don’t make fast decisions: I know Doctor M64 very well and he also supported my project ( just hop into his blog and find a link to my site on his links list) and I know how much effort he put in his game! If you’re talking about insults try not to insult me first!
I’m making this fan game not only for myself and if nobody wants to check it, I can just cancel my project and don’t make this"favor" to people anymore - I’ve got a lot of other work which I recieve payment from.
So what do you think people?

1. Don’t waste your time
  2. Still interesting

I don’t need a bad popularity(I’ve got it already I know but anyway…), so if you don’t like the project, just tell moders to remove this thread, otherwise check my blog again. Cheers and don’t think I was trying to insult you! :neutral_face:

Yeah AM, that comment about rehashing sprites was untrue and unneccessary.
-but Dragon, chill out. Don’t get up in someone’s face just because they set the quality bar for graphics higher on their own projects.

AM, I don’t really understand many of your posts, you jump from one thing to another and bring up things that aren’t even relevent to our questions.
Slow down, read people’s posts, take your time to answer thoughtfully. We don’t bite, and nobody said anything about not liking you. We just can’t decipher your posts sometimes.

Now if we can get this train back on its rail…
So far you’ve told us nothing about your story.
You’ve given us no information on how you plan on creating this game.
The only information you have given us is the title and that you plan on making the graphics from scratch. Even your website is very mum on any information.
The only information I can find about this game is that it takes place on BSL and you don’t play as the SA-X’s perspective.
(Actually I think I have a transcript of a similar fangame about the SA-X that I was planning on making a couple years ago. If you are interested I can find it and post its contents to help give you ideas for your game.)

Infinity’s End, everything is good in its season. There will be more information in a proper time. Guys, one thing: don’t scare people off, it’s quite unpolite from your sides!
No help is needed but please have some patience, people! Again, there will be more information in a proper time. :smiley:>
Really sorry if someone couldn’t get the idea. No offences, but only this forum showed me such a negative reaction so you have to make your own conclusions! Again, read posts carefully, please, so there won’t be any misunderstandings!
Just follow my blogs and the situation will be cleared gradually!

This topic exemplifies mis-communication at it’s finest.

Good luck with your game, AM. Hope to see some progress soon!

Ok guys, there are some June news on my project! All details are in my site’s blog page! Comments are always welcome!

Hey, cool! It has the whole Flash style going on, with overused gradients and such, especially on the main character, but I really like the sitting GF Troopers (Full image). By the way, is the music on the site custom? “Horrors” is pretty well made.

looks good, though im still very confused xD

QFT.

+1.

Other little symbol/acronym meaning agreed

Thanks guys, most of the tunes are custom. There’s a large amount of tunes right now but I will post them when the demo comes.

Some minor updates as usual(twice a month):

Posted some news on June, 15 in my blog. See more information on my blog page. Sorry for my speed, net connection failed for a couple days. :I Gtg, job calls! Cheers!