Most Excellent Idea

Some people who use Windows, want to try other OS’s, for various reasons. I know, I’m one of them. However, after trying out actual installs–and the subsequent difficulty involving Grub, partitioning, software, etc., I got a little annoyed. Then, I found this.

:O_O: is what I was thinking, then :smiley: . Why? Because it allows for using Ubuntu (or Kubuntu or Xubuntu) on a computer, as an installed app that you boot into, and can simply uninstall at any given time with no repercussions.

Check it out, it’s worth it.

N.B. This is not a spam. I don’t work for the team, I just thought it would be cool to share with you guys.

I have a feeling it won’t work very well. Windows denies programs some rights, such as direct drive access (I believe), and it’d be horrible for an operating system to lack that right. WINE for Linux is cool, though.

…it works for me; it may just be you’ve seen the article about certain systems not being able to write to NTFS. Another os that allows NTFS access is ReactOS, so there are exceptions to this.

No, because Linux can write to NTFS via ntfs-3g.

And thus you are the better geek. :smiley:

So, have you tried it yet? I’m currently posting from it, so you see it does work.