Pardon the double-post, but I think this may well be worth it.
I decided to give Samus’ appearance theme a try. Tell me what you think, and I can render it as an mp3 if necessary (it would sound better, but obviously be a much larger file).
Edit: And sorry, UTA! I usually can’t resist a challenge when it comes to MIDI-making! xP
If you’d like though, the comments I have to offer on your version are as follows:
- The orchestra has a stronger presence - takes up more of the pitch spectrum.
- Some of the bass notes of the orchestra/strings were off-pitch by a bit.
- The midrange harmony is off-pitch in some places, and should also be in the vox at an octave higher.
- The orchestra/strings also follows the same (main melody) notes as the vox.
- I believe the vocals cover two octaves of the same (main melody) notes - with the harmony in between - but am not positive.
Don’t take any offense, please! xP Just trying to give you some tips. Know, too, that there may be some significant discrepencies, because I’m comparing yours to the MP1 version, whereas you referenced the MP3 version to create it.