Music Discussion Thread

I’m not going to go into a big rant about music, I just want to post the songs that you should seriously give a try:

Blind Guardian-Bright Eyes
Nevermore-Dead Heart in a Dead World
Breaking Benjamin-Blow Me Away
Breaking Benjamin-Break My Fall
Stratovarius-Destiny
Creed-Six Feet From the Edge
Nickelback-Do This Anymore
In Flames-The Jester Race

I might think of more later. You guys wanna start a rant, do it yourselves.

Never did. Ever heard of
Crazy Train- Black Zeplinn with OZZY!!!
Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
TNT-ACDC
Those are some of my favortes

If I were to recommend three bands, they would probably be Stratovarius, Soundgarden and Blind Guardian.

never heard of any of them except Blind Guardian.

Yeah! TNT-ACDC is awesome! 8)

um yeah never heard of any of those except creed and acdc and i dont really like them much

You now have my respect. SG is my favorite band of all time.

Soundgarden is awesome, I have a bunch of thier songs in my 90’s playlist on my iPod.

Anyway what I have to reccomend is a bunch of stuff by Ayreon. I wouldn’t know where to start with this band, but here’s a list of my personal favorite songs by them. There’s alot of variety in this so if you don’t like one, try another and it might be totally diffrent:

Day Eleven: Love
Day Ten: Memories
Day Twenty: Confrontation
Day Fourteen: Pride
The Two Gates
Across The Rainbow Bridge
The Garden of Emotions
The Castle Hall
The Eyes of Time
Sail Away to Avalon
Computer Reign(Game Over)
Listen to the Waves
Ayreon’s Fate
The Stranger from Within
One Small Step
My House on Mars
Carried by the Wind
And the Druids Turned to Stone
Dragon on the Sea
Into the Black Hole
Dawn of A Million Souls
The Waves of Time
Into The Blackhole
Through the Wormhole
Out of the White Hole

That should be enough Ayreon. Take your pick from any of those songs, they varry from metal to soft rock. It’s really a nice mix of music genres.

Also I reccomend Asian Kungfu Generation. They’re a J-Rock band(Japanese Rock) and have done the fourth opening theme for Fullmetal Alchemist, and the second theme for Naruto. Definately worth a check.

Iced Earth is awesome too. Definately worth checking out atleast once. I highly reccomend Damien, Angel’s Holocaust, and The Phantom of the Opera Ghost.

Floggin Molly for those who like Irish punk bands. Definately the best Irish band i’ve heard ever, though thier new cd kind of broed me, but the others are good.

Tenacious D is a great comedy band that does a few songs worth checking out. If you’re a Jack Black fan, then definately check thier stuff out.

Richard Cheese is a good one for those Lounge Lizards. He takes modern pop songs (Like NiN - Closer, or Britney Spears Crazy) and turns them into a light loungeish type song. He also adds some comedy into the mix making it a very funny and tastefully done(to an extent) remake.

Now getting into the old stuff: Led Zeppelin, Metallica(OLD STUFF ONLY(You’ve been warned)), Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, Queen, Bon Jovi are a few good ones from back int he day. Definately on everyone’s list should be Another Brick int he Wall (Parts 1 2 and 3), and Stairway to Heaven.