My faith in humanity

except that there’s absolutely no connection between different films, whereas politics is one whole

though yes, the same could be said for video games, but no one says “I don’t like video games because EA makes boring games!”, whereas “I don’t like movies because this independent filmmaker makes boring movies!” appears to be a valid excuse
there’s no “industry” to fred, it’s a fucking guy in his fucking house, and then he got sponsored and used better equipment and hired better actors

Oh, hey, I think I’m the only one that’s actually made a generalization about the movie industry. Cool, it makes things easier when I’m not talking for other people.

I dislike that the movie industry likes to try to capitalize on popular-ish things to make money when most of those screenplays turn out badly.
I dislike that game developers have a tendency to make shitty shooters just because it’s a popular genre and they think it’ll make them money. Because shitty shooters generally turn out badly.

Those are both problems with industries that can create awesome things. And I personally love both industries. I just pay attention to one and not the other because I’d rather play games than watch movies most of the time, so keeping up with the movie industry doesn’t excite me nearly as much. Also, since I actually want to be involved in game design, that industry interests me more than the movie industry.

@Fred: I have no idea what the fuck is going on with his movie and I don’t really care, I just know it’s going to be terrible and someone made a mistake coming up with the idea. Whether it was Fred or someone else that came to him.

Welcome to the real world.
The Process:
Executives will see something popular and say “That will look good as this.”
Shit ensues.
Repeat.

I understand this.
I still dislike it.

Edit: And that was hardly even the point of my post o_O

wtf

Eva, maybe, but flcl has to be the LEAST pretentious anime ever created.

That is awesome.

The series itself isn’t pretentious, its just not my cup of tea, but the fandom and the ‘go watch FLCL’ crap that you’ll encounter anywhere if someone finds out that you weren’t able to stomach the first half of the first episode >_>

If you liked TTGL, then I don’t see what the problem is. It’s almost exactly the same style. IMO FLCL just does it much better.