My Picture

you guys are being comlete idiots over this ‘stealing my sprites’ thing.
My god! I would think youd be happy someone is using your sprites rather than not using them. I know i would be. And so wut he didnt give all the names of the spriters
for credit, he said ’ credit goes to the spriters who made these sprites’ so you are getting credit. Maybe he just didnt feel like typing all the names of those who made the sprites. Whatever the reason, ive seen waaaaay too much of this going on. Every time
someone posts a sprite that he didnt make, you goes declare war on that person.
And Daz, dont take this the wrong way and ban me, but im disappointed in you, you made a very rude comment just because he didnt ask you for permission, as i and others have said, he did ive credit to those who made the sprites. I hope your happy you made me type all this, i have other things i could be doing, but im here being one of the few who actually stuck up for DarkSamusPrime. shame on all of you. no cupcakes for any of you. hide cupcakes

<_<

I’ll be the one to respond to this…

DH, saying “credit goes to the spriters who made these sprites” doesn’t work. “Maybe he just didnt feel like typing all the names of those who made the sprites”? By that logic im guna taip laik ths k? k. becuz if u dont fel liek tipin i t al out or krecting ur mistaiks then u dont haf 2.

Credit should be given individually. Don’t like it? Then don’t use a bunch of other people’s sprites in your work.

Also, giving credit to the person isn’t enough. If I make a something, let’s use a MIDI as an example, I want to know everywhere that it’s being used. If I find that somebody is using one of my P2D MIDIs for some random fangame, even if they give me proper credit, it would still frustrate me, because they’re using my work without me knowing it. Thus, along with giving credit, you should also ask the creator for permission before using anything they made. That is unless they have said that they don’t mind if you don’t give credit or ask for permission.

Sometimes you may want to think about how things would seem for the other side. In this case, it may seem that credit is given well enough and it’s perfectly okay, but just pretend that you were one of those who made the sprites.

Edit:
And why does everyone think something as small as arguing against Daz will get you banned? Honestly, he’s a pretty fair mod.

The point i ws trying to make was that this happens too often in this forum, I dont see this happening near as often in other sprite forums as I do here. Its like you guys look for the oppertunity to scream at someone as soon as they use your sprite w/o giving a paragragh of credit to you. Why dont you try to see things through DarkSamusPrime’s eyes. Dont get pissed at me because im trying to stick up for someone else when i dont believe they are being treated fairly.

I did’nt know the names :confused:
Edit:I’m very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sincerly sorry if i used your sprites :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

DarkHunter, let’s say some guy from a different forum that you don’t go to starts a small fangame. He uses your Custom Robo sprite (you haven’t finished it yet in r/l, but let’s pretend you’re done with it and it’s really cool). This project is worked on for years, and he gives you credit in the credits, but you don’t know about it. One day you find this place that was using your sprite. Wouldn’t you have wanted them to at least tell you that they were using it?

Edit: Or even worse, what if they just say “Credit to the people who made the sprites” in their credits. <_<

Also, the argument of “well the majority do this” doesn’t ever work either.

I’m not going to carry this on, because we’ll just keep saying “pretend this” and “pretend that”.

Edit: And no, I’m not getting pissed at you, just pointing out what’s wrong in what you said. You haven’t gotten too far on my nerves yet.

And DSP, it’s not like you’re in that much trouble for that. It doesn’t make it clear in the rules that you need permission from spriters before taking their work (though Daz’s sprites usually do require permission). I’m just debating with DH about what sprite stealing really is and such.

well, i was only trying to help but i see what your getting at . sorry i was such an ass. Forgive me?:frowning: and you can have some cupcakes now, although i think
i ate them all. what am i saying? theres always more cupcakes!

Thats ok.You don’t have to give me a cupcake.

And that’s the end of the little argument.

So, how about adding that into the rules? >_>

…i…personally just dont think it is really deserving this much attention…just putting stuff together…i mean, im not really pissed about the whole sprite thing, but i just dont think it is worth doing…its…kinda…just…not very interesting…

especially with no backgrounds >.>