My Vector Art ~ Samus

I knew this topic was going to blow up. It added to the tension I had pressing the “Add Reply” button.

Ok, Flossy, Get this: You took a picture already made and recolored it. You didn’t put your own spin on it either (As my teacher used to say, "You can copy another’s work, but only if it is inherently unique in it’s own way.) You didn’t say you traced/copied it. Because of this, it makes everyone think that you tried to fool them into thinking that it was “100% yours, custom made badness” when it clearly was not. I don’t know if you meant no harm or were actually trying to fool us, but regardless of which choice the truth is: You don’t go into an online forum and think everyone will be oblivious. We’re not stupid. People online WILL spot your inacuracies, fraud, and talent and WILL go after you in the appropriate way (sort of like driving >_>). Again, I don’t know what really happened, so:

In the case that you are inocent, I’m sorry it happened this way, but you have to admit that you didn’t say you traced/copied it.

In the case that you are guilty, I believe you have to learn that people don’t take shit. If you try to lie to real people about things which have some matter of importance (in this case, a skill which will gain you respect here in this forum), and you are discovered (most of the time you will be) then you WILL be penalized for it because what you did was blatantly wrong.

And by the way, I’m not going to “apologize” for pointing that copy out, regardless of whether you’re innocent or not. Why? Because I did nothing wrong.

And Redhalberd, I beleive you were too agressive in your “point-making”. By calling someone a failure, you are claiming that they can do nothing right and are essentially the scum of humanity. Until he is proven guilty, you CANNOT approach someone with a comment like that. That goes for the rest of you who acted too “extreme”. I may have proven that it was a copy, but I did not prove whether or not he was guilty of knowing he commited this crime.

…failure is a strong word…

sorry…just realized that…

and i was not yelling out “please dazzy help”
but was rather than that silencing the topic until a proper mod could get here…

…i forgot troid was a mod…
…yeah…sorry…

I going to stick out of the argument, and give credit to the person who created the image ok, Troid92 is right tring to get someones attention with BOLD letters is really annoing and saying (“DAZZY WHERE R U COME LOCK THIS”) is a command, I think you need to stop giving an Admin a command like that, He in control of the forum (refering to Daz and the others). Don’t worry Daz will come sometime and lock this.

Note: not trying to start a flame war, spaming.

Flossy make some sprite or something and make it look good ok.

he was talking about redhalberd smart dude…

no, i just realized it was a strong word though…sorry…i tend to …ramble…

eh… if you have more “vector” art, by all means show us… and next time, give credits. the picture looks good, btw, thats y i want to see more :slight_smile:

and, yes, i did more then read the first post, so i know that its just an edit. good edit, nonetheless.

Sorry, all i dident know that tracing and image over in flash was a crime

You know what ill be back a little later to show you all a 100% thing i did in Flash Pro8

Sorry to take time out of your guys hands

You know what ill make a P2D Logo for your site

sry about that… :blush:

That’s not really a crime. The only thing you did wrong was not say that the original drawing wasn’t yours, which led to a lot of confusion. But thanks for apologizing.

Anyway…

And please, nobody apologize for apologizing way too much or anything else that will continue this on further. Just get back on topic now and forget this ever happened, okay? :wink:

Okay, srry about calling you a failure, and yes, we need to stop acting like daz is the grim reaper. But yes, do some original work, we’d all love to see it. :smiley:

There is a report button you know.

there is? where would that be?

The top right of every single post.

oh there it is :slight_smile:

uh… what exactly does it do?:confused:?

Hey Gold leader

Hmm i found domthing intrensting

You know your image that you made that you said you got jack shit for well look what i found

http://www.30doradus.org/spaceships/images/deathstr.jpg

http://www.cam.hi-ho.ne.jp/nexus7/Index/D-STAR2.gif

http://www.30doradus.org/spaceships/images/impdest.jpg

All you had to do is go in to photo shop and mess with the color swatches add a few more stars and bam you got your picture

>_> You did the same thing i did

So i dont know where you got off telling me this your just as bad

um…not getting involved…i for one say we drop the entire thing…or lock the topic and let flossy create a totally new one stating that he was making a picture simply look better.

as i said…must…not…get…in…volved… :angry:

He said he did a rendering of that image. That wasn’t the actual thing that he turned in. It was simply his reference.

Thanks, Inspector88, I was just about to say the same thing :slight_smile: Yeah, you’re just trying to ruin my reputation when I did nothing wrong. Your hurting your own now.

And by the way, if you actually had some idea as to what you were insinuating, you would notice that the picture I used is on the first page of Google image search for Death Star 2. I’m not so stupid as to call that mine when it’s so blatantly out in the open.

oh wait… so u 3d-ified the deathstar and rendered it? oh… that explains alot :slight_smile:

What? No no no, why do people always misunderstand? I take it you thought I made it 3D because Inspector said rendered. I should have pointed out that my post says I did a “rendition”. It’s a black and white pencil drawing of that picture used as a reference.