NetMission Engine

Flase alarm. Nothing more than a sick joke by Prime. (I swear i’m gonna kill him…as soon as he gets the game finished :wink: )

My words exactly, “A SICK JOKE!” Next time he does that I will have to go after him.

Well, it’s been a while since we made a update for net mission here. Well, here we go. The project went nearly dead after prime got this programming job and didn’t want to be working on this after coming home from programming all day long. That meant we had to find a new C++ programmer and fast. Amazingly enough, one found us.The guy rules at C++, and a hell of a lot more. DeveloperZero as he is called has made some big changes around our project. he has redone our forums, created us a sweet looking new site layout, which is now located at
www.metroid-net-mission.tk , and is currently working on M3: Metroid Map Maker.

yes, he has become our savior. It rocks having a full time programmer. The project will really pick up.

Woah…you guys are damned lucky, man!

Sorry to bump this really old topic, but we have two demos out now, both located in this topic. The first is a mouse-controlled 8-direction aiming test room, the second is a graphical update to it with a part-based character and 36000-direction aiming, with other minor changes.

To make a long story short, all 3 of our other programmers either got too busy with their lives or mysteriously vanished completely from the entire internet one day, so now I’m programming it. Hopefully I won’t do the same thing <_< >_>

I have to say, our last programmer made quite the clever escape from the internet to get out of this project…

Anyway, our game has also changed a lot since the last update. There are now only 13 characters, there’s mouse control instead of keyboard (unfortunately that was decided halfway through my programming), and lots of other things.

Check out all the other changes on our half-dead forums (see link above), and help would be very appreciated (at least reviving it from its half-dead state would be nice :sweat: )

Edit: Oh, and yes, I am aware of this

I’d like to see how it runs. You don’t have any build demos ready do you? lol. Ok, good luck with it, this one looks interesting…

Build demos, you say?

>_>
We also have a map maker “demo” made a while ago, but you can’t do anything in it.

I see 2 links, but arent they the same demo? They have the same name…

Anyway from the demo I played this looks awesome … the spite work is very well done, the conversion from 8 to 360 degree aiming is flawless. Still some work to be done for the rest obviously, but its a start.

I also liked the camera system, how it viewed a little more loosely from samus than usual. Very nice.

Yeah, the second is just a graphical and movement update. Next demo will have ramps (redone collision), morph ball, crouching, and shooting. After that it’ll be all the characters (with finished sprites, at least), and then I’ll get to work on all the environment stuff and special effects. I only made the update to the first because 8-direction aiming didn’t work as well as I expected.

Ok, so I missed that little 4-letter word? lol

Alright, it wants me to log in to view it… Alright… But I’ll get to it later, don’t have time now.

…That’s weird, why are the announcements not viewable to guests? Sorry about that. fixes

Hey, thanks Troid :smiley:

Edit: Ok, I checked out the second demo. It doesn’t look too nice, but that’s because I’m on a 1280x1024 monitor and the game is on, what, 800x600? Yeah, the pixels are huge, but it still looks and runs smooth. You are going to add the spin though, aren’t you? Because the hanging leg looks a bit odd… lol

Once again, good luck. :smiley:>

The problem is that I accidentally put them in the wrong order (so that the one with the “smallest” leg is the one you see the most). The copy on my computer is fixed now, but that and a few other tiny leg adjustments don’t really merit another update <_<

Spin-jump looks weird with mouse control. The only spin-jumping you’ll get is screw attacking or space jumping if those end up being included as temporary upgrades.

And it’s only 640 by 480 :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d love to turn bilinear filtering off if I knew how, but the closest I could get is changing the screen resolution to that of the game’s, which, with Game Maker, wouldn’t allow for a windowed mode. Oh well, it’s not that bad, is it?

No, it isn’t that bad, but a deathmatch with just what you have in the demo would be pretty linear… I think you should include space-screw jump

I’m glad that this project isnt dead. BUt the link to the official site just takes me to some site hosting place, not the actual site. Is that my computer, or your link. I’d really like ot help with some of the sprites.

WTF, it says my graphics card isnt up to date.

Edit Ah, it was my screen resolution that needed fixing. Anyhow, the directional aiming is nice, but the samus sprites are a little choppy.

Just to post this publically, we have a beta site thing set up somewhere (I’ve lost the link), but it was updated last year and has hardly anything on it. The forums are our main hangout.

And yeah, I have no control over Game Maker problems. If you get an error on the program’s startup or something, just check out Game Maker’s site and go to the FAQ.

Troid, since you don’t have a site up, could you ask Prime to update the first post so we know who’s going into the finished game? There’s all of the metroids and splinters and stuff but you said there’s only going to be 13…

Prime can’t edit that post anymore since his account randomly messed up and eventually wouldn’t let him log in anymore. His new account is just Primeval. So of course we’re completely doomed now.

<_<
>_>

I’m glad to see this still isn’t dead! :smiley: