So yeah, I messed around with shaders for a bit, then moved onto render-to-texture stuff, allowing for additional features such as reflective surfaces. I had a little app going for a bit that did infinite screen-inside-screen just for fun. Only two textures displayed per frame, so it was very fast. Messed around and tweaked with various other things as well. Plus another major reorganization that (hopefully) simplifies dependencies.
And then yesterday I wrote out the short script for “NMPaddle,” the Pong clone. It’s less than a hundred lines of code. I guess I should release it as promised. I’ll upload it sometime. It’s not that fun. It looks like this:
The missing features in my scripting system were really emphasized as I wrote the script, which I guess is a good thing, but I decided against making this demo editable and all that (so you don’t have to look at the insanity of me working around the missing features).
I think the focus of the few weeks I have left of summer will be adding more features to my scripting system (mainly the parser) so that it’s easier to write scripts and all that. I also need to debug it a little since I never did much to test it.