NetMission Engine

That is the greatest inspiration I will ever behold. Whenever I feel like quiting I’ll just remember alpha ripping his arm out of its socket.

i’ve been thinking. i’d much rather rip my leg out of it’s socket, cause if i rip out my arm, i won’t be able to play this AWESOME game! …does this inspire you further?

That makes much more sense. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on video games because you didn’t have an arm.

Regarding progress:
I opted to not to do jumping and gravity, but instead implemented a stand-alone map editor. It has a few little things that need to be ironed out, but expect to see it tommorow or tuesday.

I will probably include the map editor in the final game, so users can make their own maps. (Read: I suck at designing maps. Could you make some for me?)

I’ve designed video game maps since I was 6. Unfortunately I can’t help.

Same here pretty much. I can draw out maps, but transferring them to a game is kind of hard especially since i’m kind of new to Game Maker. Plus I have no idea what you plan to use to make this game so I can’t help much either in that.

Even if you draw out the maps and send them to me, it would still be a big help. I can implement the maps, but actual making them complex and have good secret areas and stuff is where I fail.

I’ll sketch some during math today then. (Yay for not paying attention in class!)

I need someone to help design a web page and a forum. I also need some tilesets, from Metroid Fusion or Metroid Zero Mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will help this game develope much faster. :metroid:

I’m pretty good with HTML and javascript for a website. And I can probably get Smudge to make some great graphics for you. (check out his website!)
And if you want forums, just use InvisionFree. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t help you with the tilesets.

Edit:
:metroid: :metroid:

First off, why no pirate commandos? :astonished: Those are awesome!

And second, Metroid Online is already a game, so make a new name. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is? Where?

I think I’ve played Metroid Online… Is that the one that has too many loads and all there is to do is collect items? Hmm…

I didn’t know that was already a game. Crap. Now I don’t have a good name.

Could you post a link?

this game sounds really cool!!! really really cool!!! really really really cool!!!

i have a name idea: Super blast-the-hell-out-of-each-other bros. big-ass-mellee.

…that, or Metroid:Battle mission.
…or even Metroid:subname pending.
…maybe try Metroid:Multi-mission.
…andlast, but not least(due to the first suggestion :laughing: ) Destructroid.

How about Metroid: Cyber Battle?
Or Metroid: Net Mission?

Metroid: Battlefield.

What about Metroid: Mission network?

or Metroid: Multi-Battles.

Thanks for all the names. For now ill keep it unamed. By the way, I have almost finished with my map editor. Just adding a couple more features. If there are some spriters here who wouldn’t mind helping out, could you make a couple sprites for me? I will give credit. I need lots of environmental things such as the big turrets in MP2 multiplayer, the auto defense turret, security drones, web traps, gates, gf briges, etc.

EDIT: I got my web forum up and running today. I will be posting my map editor pretty soon.

YOU WILL USE MY NAME!!! Anyway, are the webtraps Ing Webtraps, Weblings or just those wierd green acid pods with webs coming out?