New Adventures of the Artifacts of the Month

Honestly, most of the enemies you fight in Metroid Prime are much larger than they look. So that creature being nearly as large as Samus isn’t too far off.

Don’t know if it’s been said yet, but that’s not an Ice Shriekbat. That’s (mostly) unused concept art; the Ice Shriekbat is just a recolor. That design is used in a stasis tube onboard the Orpheon, but never used as an enemy. Also, Shriekbats are, as Umbre alluded to, pretty damn big ingame.

Oh well, it looks badass. It’s not like it’ll ever be used anyway.

Who says we can’t have that awesome ice shriekbat sprite floating around in a Frigate stasis tank? :sunglasses:
Good thing you didn’t sheet it yet.

Oh hey, I just found this screenshot that Mason took a while back:

Also I have four shots of the 3-D model of a regular shriekbat – PM me if you want a copy (I don’t think MetroidMenace likes her work being posted around publicly)

Got started on the seedling-

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/10143968.png/

its so…

pillowy…

He is a little dated, but that’s the most up to date progress on the guy.

I like the seedling, Phlakes. Although, remember that it should be facing to the left or right and not towards/away from the camera.

i’ve been making one, tho idk if it’s suitable for P2D

Phlakes, it’s not worth dithering at that size. I think you should reconsider your current palette, because it could do with more contrast in some places and less in others. If you look at your two bottom references, the blue fades into the red, so I think you could work on the hues and the colour ramps.
Tip: don’t work on a white background. I would recommend you work on a similar kind of background colour as your references.

If I was any good at spriting, I’d love to help yall out. All I can really do, is tell you that you’re doing an amazing job. Phlakes, those sprites are BAMF. Great job. :smiley:

is there a sheet?

There is a sheet, the only thing on it that’s not here is all the tail segments.

so wheres the sheet?

On my USB drive? xD I’ll post it later when there’s actually good reason to do so.

works for me lol

anyone else?
sheets?

i’ll be putting up a new list in like 2 days

ok, so i missed out on a lot of sleep
next list coming up when i get the chance

Dammit, I’ve been in England, and the day after I get back I’m starting shooting another film project. I’ll try to finish that what’s-it-called soon and I’ll do anything else I can on that first list.