New moderator!

3 months only? I remember it being longer than that… Hm.

Well, I’m guessing at that time there just weren’t as many active people around, or just more people like me that would’ve seen the topic but not replied (at that time >_>). I’m sure if these forums were really popular and active you would’ve gotten maybe 6 replies :wink:

runs

Edit: Actually, I’m sure it’s just because this one developed a discussion about cookies and history.

Wait, he wasn’t a mod? LOL.

Troid is like the Global Mod. Seriously. He mods everywhere I know he lives… maybe he’s trying to take over the World! Or worse… the Universe! OH NOES!!!

…dude…hes just a mod…it…doesn’t grant that much power…really we have just about as much power with that little report button…>_>…

Actually, mods here have access to the admin panel. <_<

…k…what is so special about that?

<_<

Using only our mod powers, we mods can delete posts/polls, edit posts/polls, move topics, close topics, open topics, post in closed topics (not in the wasteland), pin topics, and a whole pile of other stuff.

Access to the admin panel lets us do anything we wish with the forums, other than editing anything about the root admins. Word filters, editing members, deleting boards, changing skins, changing ranks, smilies, you name it. We just can’t make admins pink >_>;

…so since you are obligated not to abuse those powers, and you all kinda work for the general good of the forums…yeah, the report button (when used correctly) does the same thing as you guys…through you guys…and being a mod isn’t really anything horribly special…unless this is your life…

Naaa, i think it’d be fun. It gives you that sense of importance, even if you have no actual skillz. Plus, you get the headlines of the project before everyone else.

Meh, it’s not so fun on certain forums that I’m a mod in. Of course… there are hardly any n00bs, spammers, art stealers, etc. on those forums. I hardly ever lock topics…

edit: Oh, yeah, and there’s not a great sense of importance, really. There was a bit of an ‘Oh, this is cool’ period, and then I just kinda sank back in with the other people and pretty much became a member with benefits.

Then what’s so special with being a admin on this forum? >_>

…i think pretty much the early news…that sounds like a kick ass part.

They can change the looks of the forum, they can choose where we can post. Heck, they could change all our avatars to Barbie Doll pictures if he wanted. (Not that they’d want to… right? <_<)

I know what kind of power an admin panel has. A corrupt mod could screw P2D over like big time.

A shinier title.

And the permission to do things moderators can’t. They’re “super moderators”, and while they can ACCESS the admin panel, they can’t edit EVERYTHING. They can’t for instance do anything to the root admin, and um… there are probably other restrictions too… I dunno what they can and can’t do, I haven’t been a supermod for months. <_<

1. We can’t make admins pink D:
  2. That’s all I know of… We probably can’t close down and delete the forums, but I’ve never bothered trying that out <_<;

On another forum where I’m a super-mod, our admin left us for the most part, and I’ve been able to do pretty much anything there except edit him or see his IP.

This is old news by now…

Yeah, but that doesnt mean we cant still talk about it. GO TROID!!!

way to go (insert name here)__ !!!

sweet…from now on…i can just quote myself when somebody becomes a mod now…!

^
||
||
||
:clap: :smiley:>

I hope you’re right about Troid’s level head, Daz, but then again you said he’s been here for awhile, so I guess you’ve gauged his personality by now… right?

Anyway, congrats, Troid, but don’t let the administrative powers get to your head.