Next Metroid

That could take a loooooooong while… :sweat:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO “hak hak” OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:cry: :cry: :cry: Dread can’t be the end of the story :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The only way a game can be the end is if either a) Samus retires, b) Samus dies in a cutscene, or c) everyone in the world forgets about the metroids.

Well, the Metroids don’t HAVE to be part of a Metroid game. It might take it’s NAME from the species, but a few games (or even a lot) without metroids won’t make the series meaningless.

Neither does it need Samus, really. If she were to retire, the series could still continue. Maybe with her offspring, or GFed Troopers, or other Bounty Hunters, or even just vigilantes.

I’m fairly sure she won’t have offspring. She’s not the type to get into a relationship, especially after what happened with Adam.

GFT’s are way too weak.

Other hunters, however… it’s doubtful, but possible. And it would make a lot of people hate Nintendo forever.

Also, since when is Dread said to be the end? I never heard anything about this…

Besides, there’s almost no question there’ll be a Hunters 2, so we have at LEAST three more games coming. Considering that the series originally ended with three games to begin with, that’s not too shabby.

“Ended with … to begin with”… I need to find a better way to word that. >_>; Oh well.

Maybe the last metroid game will go out in a bang like the end of pirate but who now maybe new enemy or creature since the galaxy where metroid is organized, there should be a new enemy threating the peace.

wait…whats Dread for?

DS, most likely.

Damn, I can’t find my source. I clearly remember reading something about Dread being the final game though (can anyone check me on that?) Think about the storyline too. Samus goes through all her missions, which I don’t feel like summarizing right now, and she also has a very close call involving getting infected and what not. It all amounts to a climax I think. And that climax is Dread. I’d elaborate and point a couple other things out but I’m going to bed.

sigh (no snoozing smiley)

I think it would be cool if after MP3, Nintendo would make 3-D versions of Fusion
and MZM , since we’re making the 3-D games into 2-D, wait, are we making MP22D?

Offtopic- BTW Daz, I saw your Echoes sprites, they’re awsome! Of course they’re not done. I love the Pirate troopers, they look exactly like the ones ingame , I think the
commandos have too big of cannons, could be the poses. Sweet though!

Ya you have to make mp22D.
once you finish p2D you have a lot of the work alredy the done engen is done pretty much all you have to do is change some things right and make some new sprites well you would have to change the rooms but it will be easer then making it from scrach right.

You’d think, but…

1. Differant music.
  2. Actually, a LOT more sprites.
  3. Converting all the rooms to 2D again…
  4. The addition of the Screw Attack… it scares me just thinking about that.
  5. New beams, new damage amounts… and on that same note,
  6. new damge resistance for enemies, new objects for new enemies, probably only one or two are the same enemies as MP1.
  7. IS there a plausable way to make that 2D? Many of the areas are very round-about…As a matter of fact, is there a single area that doesn’t have two ways back to the main area/sky temple/ landing part?
  8. New sound effects for new weapons…
  9. A REALLY REALLY good AI for Dark Samus. That doesn’t come easy, y’know… well, in my experience, at least.
  10. figuring out ways to beat certain bosses… again. I mean, how would YOU make a 2D boost guardian fight?
  11. I’m sure there IS a reason eleven, but it’s just not coming to me right now…
  12. So this is all I have for now. So in the mean time…
  13. Stop begging them to make an MP22d. The name sounds funny anyway. And it’s annoying. Almost as annoying as the ‘finish quickly’ or ‘when will this be done?’ or ‘why aren’t you done yet?!’ topics.
  14. And nagging them won’t REALLY help them want to work on it. It’ll probably discourage them.

And there you go, fourteen perfectly good reasons why they might hesitate in making an MP22D.

MPE2D sounds a little better (And yes I know 2 comes before Echoes in the actual title). And they could do the Boost Guardian fight, but the actual difficult parts would be taken away, and thus make it a pathetic battle all-together.

Otherwise I wouldn’t bet on the P2D team making MPE2D. You could, however, hope that all of those people who said they would make it a year ago will come back and…

…have all of the stuff done <_<

I can only hope God answers my prayers.

Exactly. Out of 3D, some of those battles would be rediculous, unless you did some kind of over-head view… And in a certain other thread, the decision was kinda made that there would be no overheadgage.

-EDIT- To anyone who thinks that MP3 isn’t the end of the Prime series…
Retro has acknowledged that Metroid Prime 3 would bring the trilogy to an end. “The plot of Prime 3 is about closure, told against the backdrop of an epic struggle…”

More on Prime 3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_3