Nintendo 3DS (Temp.)

oh you mean that guy who did it with the Wii?

That would be correct.

Is confused. Who is this man who made 3D with a Wii that you speak of?

Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

He uses a PC so that he could program it, but the Wii could do it to, abit with worse graphics.

Not gonna lie, that’s pretty epic. :smiley:

Ok, but what does that have to do with the N3DS? Nothing

The 3ds screen has filters on it and u can adjust the amount of 3D you want by move the right slider button the on the top screen panel. I had this on my other topic but I’m going to be lazy and not put anything up here.

Yes. While that’s immediately apparent to anyone who’s looked up information about the 3DS more recently, it wasn’t all that obvious four months ago before E3. At that point, it could’ve had a lot to do with the 3DS.
Back then, we were trying to figure out how they were going to do 3D on the DS without glasses. That was one answer.

Yeah, that was based on the info we had 4 months ago.

For all we knew, that WAS how it was happening.

Still don’t quite understand how it does work. o_O

Not quite sure. From some of the discussion I’ve read about it, it seems to be rendering two images per “frame.” I’m just not entirely sure I know how both images are being delivered <_<
It doesn’t work when you’re too close, too far, off to either side, or rotating it. I’m not sure if too high/low makes a difference.
So with those restrictions, maybe the two images are interleaved somehow? Each line of pixels angled so only one eye catches that individual line?

Edit: Or maybe the filters on the screens do the angling somehow, rather than the actual pixels. Might make more sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_barrier
or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_lens

A parallax barrier is a barrier with slits in it for blocking the screen of certain pixels from certain viewing angles while a lenticular lens is a slightly curved lens to split up what pixel is displayed based on viewing angle.

Honestly you guys should check out wikipedia.

3ds => autostereoscopy => parallax barrier and lenticular lens.

Eh, that means I can’t use it. :frowning:

Why thank you Pom, I like to think my intuition with these things is pretty sharp.

Why not, Zurg? o.O

why not?

My eyes aren’t equal. If something uses different images for each eye (ex: 3D movies) it just looks bad to me.

I decided to post this here now, its was in the lock topic wasteland due to I didn’t look good enough for a 3DS topic :unamused:

I just go more info about the 3ds from Gameinformer mag. I got to say it looks cooler and the first two color for the 3ds will be Blue and Red. here are the details of the 3DS and is expected to release before March 2011.

Height:0.8"
width:5.0"

3d 3.53 inch widescreen with a 3d effect slider on the right of the top screen
Resolution of the 3d screen is 800 x 240

Touch Screen Lac 3d due to being a touch screen and is 3.02 inch LCD with 320 x 240 resolution.

Movies on the 3ds
On the show floor they had 3d movie trailer of How to Train Your Dragon, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, The Last Airbender and more.

Game for it at release
Capcom
Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition(working title)
Resident Evil Revelations (same graphic engine use for 360 version of Resident Evil 5)

Nintendo
Mario Kart
Star Fox 64 remake
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Nintendo Dogs + Cats
Steel Diver
Paper Mario
Animal Crossing

Tecmo(Team Ninja)
Dead or Alive 3D
Dynasty Warriors
Ninja Gaiden
etc

much more to come. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Already posted previously in this thread. :smiley:

huge media update for 3DS

So yeah there are those trailers, Nintendo’s promising a launch in march 2011 for North America, the Japanese launch price for the thing is 25,000 yen, or roughly $300, but the Wii launched at 25,000 so odds are that the North American price point will be $250, not bad given the launch lineup.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D–Nintendo
Nintendogs & Cats–Nintendo
Pilotwings Resort (working title)–Nintendo
Pro Baseball Spirits–Konami
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle–Level 5
Ridge Racer 3D–Namco Bandai
Samurai Warriors Chronicle–Tecmo Koei
Steel Diver–Nintendo
Super Monkey Ball (working title)–Sega
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition–Capcom

According to Game Spot, so take it as you will.

I’m gonna say $300 will actually be the launch price.

I’m also expecting it to be really expensive. Probably because it’s such advanced technology.

Where?