:o

so the Chozo DID make the Metroid?

Okay, so having just finished the Metroid Manga, I think I can field this one.

The Chozo made the Metroids. They made them to counter the X. The Chozo saw that the X had the potential to destroy all sentient life in the galaxy, so they engineered the Metroid to feed on the X. It’s really not that far-fetched, when you think about it. Metroids feed off of a natural, unidentifiable energy prevalent in all life forms. The X are lifeforms that are, well, a sort of natural unidentifiable energy. So, Metroids feed on the X.

Now, here’s why the X could/would not be on other planets. The Space Pirates discovered the Metroids through Mother Brain, who was another invention of the Chozo. Mother Brain told them about the Metroids, the Pirates took some from SR388, bred them, you know the rest.

Now, when the pirates took the Metroids, the Metroids had already cleaned SR388 of it’s X “epidemic,” so to speak. The X were no longer as prevalent as they once were, and the Pirates went to SR388 to capture Metroids specifically. Since the X couldn’t replicate the Metroids, the only way an X could’ve gotten off of SR388 was if it infected a Space Pirate. Well, after that, all the Pirates took the Metroids back to Zebes, and were all consequently killed due to Samus. So she would’ve ran into the X then, which she didn’t, or the Metroids had already sniffed out and ate the X imitating a Pirate.

So no, the X could not be on another planet, because they weren’t captured by Space Pirates to be used as weapons. Get it?

I suppose Nintendo, if they really wanted to, could say, “Oh noes! A couple of X infected these guys before Fusion, and now the X are loose in the galaxy! Oh what will Samus do?!”

Of course, I have at least some cranial functions left, and I can tell when Nintendo is trying to force feed me a pile of crap, so any and all storylines with the X in them(besides Fusion, of course)=Nintendo not getting money from me for said storyline.

lol, so i was right about the metroid being made for the X =D

did mother brain actually make the power suit?
cuz ive heard she claims to have <_<

Actually, they are talking about how stressed they were about getting the game done in time for the 20th anniversary

The dread scan lead to something interesting though:
Nintendo said “we are not working on a 2D Metroid at this time.”

I believe that if they weren’t working on something they wouldn’t have specifically excluded 2D.

Yeah, there working on the new play control Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. Its Metroid Prime with Wii MOTION CONTROLS!!! AWESOME!!! Also, teh Graphex have gone UP. Seriously. Its on IGN.

@Zurg: I believe they were asked if they were making any 2D Metroid. Thats why they responded that way. However, that does not mean they aren’t working on a 3D Metroid.

@Ashes: Thank you, I didn’t know vids were out @_@ yeah, Samus looks much more polished and shiny in Prime. They better include Advanced sensitivity. Thats the only way I played Prime 3. On top of that, THIS BETTER COME OUT IN AMERICA!!! :imp:
…I wanna know how to switch beams.

…I wonder if they will keep the Fusion Suit extra. Obviously unlocked in a different way…Maybe DLC? They wont include the original Metroid because its on VC.

Switching Visors and beams will probably be done with the plus and minus buttons. Also, It is slated for a North American release(no confirmed date though), at the shocking low price of $30!!! WOOT!

UTA my searching patience may not be the greatest but if it wears out i still have the right to ask so…can you link?

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14286479/vids_1.html

thank you
edit: i really do hope nintendo is aware how epically they win for this

There’s your post, CMC. Anyway, I’m not sure, I’d have to check, but I do believe that the Chozo made the Power Suit, and then Mother Brain remained uplinked to it until Samus cracked in the Manga. Although I could be wrong on that, the translation I read was a little choppy at times, but hell, at least they got the entire thing done (Thank you SnoopyCool!).

Anyway, yeah, The Prime Port is looking amazing now. I saw those videos a little while before Ashes mentioned them, and I gotta say, I am also curious as to how you switch beams. Heck, the reformatted HUD blew me away almost immediately. I love it.

@Rundas, I believe they will include advanced sensitivity. Hell, they would be stupid not to.

Swan, Agreed. And now that I think of it, the plus button is free since hypermode isn’t used that way in Prime one. So it can be activated the same way visors can. I noticed at the bottom right where the beam symbols are, it only shows one symbol in the middle, not all four in a cross shape. So that must be it. And in the vid it did show visors are used the same way. I can’t wait to fight Metroid Prime with these controls. And now that the Arm Cannon moves around like that, I can finally get full detail on the Phazon Beam Arm Cannon, which I’ve been wanting to properly draw for a LOOONG time.

CM, Mother Brain made the second Power Suit I believe.

Ashes, where did it confirm American release?

ok, so my sources are correct

i love the twisted web of Metroid =D

who says the Chozo had them only on SR388?

The Chozo may have placed the Metroids elsewhere, yes. So the Pirates may have gotten them from somewhere else. You are a clever cookie, CMC.

But the X were localized to SR388, which was my point there. The X were native to SR388 is what I was trying to say, and that the X didn’t have any chance to get off the planet before Fusion, although Nintendo could easily say that’s not true and make a sequel based on the idea that the X escaped the destruction of SR388 somehow, although, as I mention before, if Nintendo does try and pull that, I’m not gonna buy the game. I may play it, but it’s definitely not worth the buy, IMO.

do they specifically say this?

I believe so, yes. Let me check…

…Whoops, my bad. They don’t say the X is native to SR388, but from the way the translated text reads, it sounds like the Chozo are pretty sure that the X are localized to SR388.

I mean, from what they show us in the Manga, the Chozo observe a whole crapload of planets before they become extinct, and for them to take such notice of the X is pretty amazing. The Chozo also mention that if the X were to infect a population as great as the Federation, it would ultimately destroy the galaxy. This leads me to believe that the X are native to SR388. It might say that they are native to SR388 in Fusion, however, that could be me being a retard.

So the Chozo engineered the Metroids to counter the X, which it was amazingly efficient at. But then again, the Chozo engineered the Metroids to specifically counter the X. That I know is in the Manga. I just checked that.

btw, the source of my translated Metroid Manga is here:
Snoopycool.com
The specific chapter I’m looking at for this subject is Volume 1, Chapter 4. It’s after all the Samus stuff. You’ll see it pretty quickly. The Chozo observe the X infecting a Horntoad, and then one of the Chozo shows the rest of them the Metroid, which they had been working on for a while now, it seemed.

So I guess it’s more my opinion that the X are native to SR388. It just seems a little more logical, and provides a little more logic to Adam’s statements and actions at the end of Fusion. Adam seemed convinced that the X would be eradicated if Samus destroyed SR388 along with the station. However, Adam could’ve been wrong too, I guess.

It just seems like a “dick-move” for Nintendo to say, “Whoops, would you look at that. Even though we said the X was eradicated for good, looks like a couple escaped. You can give us your money now.”

God, now I can envision Iwata saying exactly that. Lol.

EDIT: Wait…CMC, do you think that the Chozo made the X? Cause they didn’t. Sorry if I didn’t point that out properly.

no, i never thought the chozo made the X
but there is a minor loop hole
IF they do decide to continue the X
i’d see somethng along the lines of

1. when the metroid were being brought off SR388
    an X or two got on the pirate’s ship or something and crept deep into the next planet or something

or

1. they were on more planets then just SR388

both of them are rather lame excuses, but hey, you never know
vast universe blah blah blah

2 is more likely

also, WHAT is ridley?

Obviously a flying dragon thingy.

I dunno. They just say he’s a space pirate general, I believe. But then again, what the hell was Dragoon? Torizo? Phantoon? The creepy Maridia boss that spits at you whose name I don’t remember but I know you can shock the crap out of him? Did that sentence even make sense?
They don’t specify what most of these creatures are, really >_>

I agree completely, CMC.

And Ridley’s a dragon…thing. It’s never really been specified, has it?

Someone should give him a concrete specification…

EDIT: Completely missed Cloud’s post. I feel awful. Basically, what Cloud said. Draygon is the name of the Maridia boss, I believe. Checks name on Google Yep, it’s definitely called Draygon.

wasnt torizo like… a chozo gone wrong, or something made by the chozo, or something similar to chozo but evil or something…?

idk