OMG OMG OMG

nobody say hp is crap. most hp laptops are for buisness, not completely for games n’ such. i allways trust hp with this sort of thing. my dad happens to know high people in hp, and allways uses hp hings in buisness, because hp is an awsome company.

butch, im guessing you never owned a hp product. you cant judge it if you dont really own one.

ok, if it makes you feel better. I have owned HP stuff, and HP makes some of the worst hardware ever, at that.
They are, in a sense, like Microsoft. They try to monopolize everything, as in, ‘my way or the highway’.

Well, let me tell you one thing, for us people who aren’t spoiled brats and can’t afford paying an assload of money for shit, (since yes, HP stuff is also overpriced as hell), we get better stuff at a lower price.

Yes, that’s about it, kthx.

I actually got a much cheaper laptop from HP than I would have from Dell or the other places I looked. $600 for a 2 GHz XP Pro with a 128 MB graphics chip, 512 MB of RAM, and a 15.4" monitor, with just a 40 GB hard drive… I chose specs I liked, of course. But yeah, it’s the cheapest good laptop I could find/“design”.

2GHz?!? even for a laptop thats total crap, when I get my laptop my aim will be something like 4GHz (no I am not spoiled I just work hard)

Really? I’ve never had a computer faster than 2 GHz, although I’ve used plenty of them, and I don’t see enough of a difference in normal operation to care. Games may be a different story, but I don’t really play any–just Maple Story once in a while.

I’m sure the 2 Ghz processor was a low-voltage mobile processor therefore slower in Ghz. In reality the mobile processor should be benchmarked at +3 Ghz in the amount they process, kinda like AMD processors. The AMD Athlon 64 +3500* is clocked at 2.4 Ghz or something like that but it’s benchmark is compared to a +3.5 Ghz(+3500 mhz) Intel processor because of how much it can process data it once.

Boiled down…processors now process more data per cycle and don’t cycle as fast.
Example: each process the same amount of data
… smaller & faster (3.5 Ghz)
-----------------larger & slower (2.4 Ghz)

If you have a processor that takes the larger & slower path, it can run more stable, it will not require as much power, and it will generate less heat…which is good :wink:

Therefore you may not see “4 Ghz” on the package in the next 5 years but the horsepower will be well over that.

I’ve used HP computers at school. Four hours five days a week for three years. We had HP printers and HP scanners too. It’s pure crap, and the only reason the school bought HP was the price.

Buy a Macintosh and you can have OSX, Linux and Windows run native on the computer. You get a faster, more stable and a better computer an any HP or Dell in the world.

@MasonMcCoy
I know. AmigaONE and Pegasos are about the only new Personal Computers that use PowerPC instead of x86 processors.

Hewlet Packard computers are like Hyundai cars. Cheap plastic that will break if you look at it.

@edthedestroyer
I think more cores are the future. Not superfast processors.
Look at the Mac Pro: It has two 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors. And the next step would be four of those processors.

I was gonna touch on it, but I was too sleepy. And your right, multi-core is the future and they are a better larger & slower concept. Rumor has it that the multi-cores like the new quad-cores will use even less power and make even less heat.

That’s what I’ve been told, but I clocked the processors myself and found no difference between the marked speed and the actual speed. It is, in fact, an AMD processor. Also, data processed at a time is determined by the processor bittage (ie. 64-bit, as you mentioned)–not by the brand. AMD processors marked as 2 GHz are the same speed as Intel processors marked as 2 GHz. (I’m in a class called Introduction to Microprocessors at the local college…)

If you were running a Windows XP OS on a Macintosh computer, and Windows got one of the 140,000 viruses and got infected, would it infect the Mac, or even Linux on a different drive.
BTW Macintosh>Windows>Linux in that order. Linux is too pissy.

way to be a misinformed n00b.

That’s all I have to say.

wot r u on about?

He means Lynux>Mac>Windows.

It should be UNIX → OSX → Linux/MorphOS/AmigaOS → DOS → Windows.

I think everyone is full of crap, and they all need to stop arguing about what’s better. First, it’s a matter of opinion, and second, you’re not even giving reasons to support your arguments.

UNIX is a virus free stable enviroment. Turn on the computer and use it for a year. you will not have to reboot it.

OSX have like one virus that you have to install yourself. It’s based on a UNIX-like kernel and pretty stable.

Linux has support for a 3D-desktop and few viruses. Free software rules!

MorphOS is probably the fastest OS ever. No viruses. You can use almost all Amiga and OSX software.

AmigaOS have almost no viruses and is almost as fast as MorphOS. Use all Amiga software and emulate OSX in almost full speed.

DOS works. There are shells that gives it a GUI.

Windows does’nt work that well compared to the other Operating Systems. It has tons of viruses, bugs, updates that gives you more security holes and a menu namned Start where you can turn off the computer. It is also the sloooooooowest OS in the world.

Actually, I mean Mac>Windows>Linux

ZOMGzerz! I THINK THIS TOPIC IS FINISHED! ACTUALLY I THINK THIS TOPIC WAS FINISHED AFTER THE TENTH POST!
But anyways… I really don’t get how you can hate Windows. Everyone says you get viruses, guess what? I get none. Everyone says that it is slow. Guess what OS professional gamers use? Mac? Give me a break. Guess what they run servers with, Mac? Zomg give me the whole Kit-Kat Bar. Everyone says that Mac is good for programmers. Do I see people who program for peanuts use it? Do they need enlightenment? IMO you guys need enlightenment.

agreed, mac serves only for graphical programs, and only for that…

http://z3.invisionfree.com/MP2D/index.php?showtopic=1631

Pointless OS-flaming goes there.

Edit: And, let’s see. The event happened a month ago, people talked a little bit about defending yourself against robbers, came to a conclusion, and then everybody started talking about OS’s for the rest of it. I’d say there’s nothing left for this topic then. locked