OMG OMG OMG

i dunno. heh.

Para in Spanish is “for.” “To” is “a la” for feminine destinations, and “al” for masculine locations. Although I won’t make any comment on my Spanish :stuck_out_tongue:

Cfx, you have no clue as to half of how many balls I have. If it came down to it, I’d shoot someone threatening my life or my family in a heartbeat.

And defending yourself is not “playing the hero.” It’s called an instinct.

All measures of balls aside, I’m getting more off topic than usual. I have nothing more to say about a turk stealing some kid’s laptop.

Er, “por” is for, and I’m pretty sure to is just “a” or, indeed, “para”. >_>

And no, that is not what adrenaline is, Sniper.

I think I don’t need Spanish lessons. You know, having lived in Spain for 20 years teaches better than you.

Oh, and also, I know I could shoot someone, because, being private security guard, with weapons license, has its perks, and whatnot.

Now, you all, stop being delusional. You’ll live longer

• About the laptop

Come on! there are thing in the world much worse that have a turkish steal your laptop, nonetheless, all the data being lost, i pity you for this, but you can remade the data much faster now, and even make some upgrade to it! Cheer up dude ^_~V

• about the guns, “FPS player training” and ability to kill another human

i know of 3 ppl that tryied to shoot a robber in their house, they are dead, two was MP and one was a civilian without training, but the three played FPSs and they were very good in these games (CS, UT2004, Serious Sam, Medal of honor, Call of duty and Rainbow Six), so, STFU…

in this topic, the only ones that had a point was Danzuro and REDHALBERD…

PS: metroid Slayer, your spanish is wrong, there is something missing there…

Quoted for truth, besides I have beaten lots of fps games and I probably couldn’t even shoot someone with a paintball gun because I’m too soft.

I said it will help you get over your fear of killing someone, not make you a better marksman… And you just proved my point. None of the three would have shot if they didn’t play FPS games. In fact, the reason why they bought a gun was probably because of the games.

its Quake, Doom, C-S, and UT that have the biggest influence. Your killing another person with a gun. The only difference is that its over the net.

After C-S, me and my friends started getting airsoft guns and talk about paintballing is also evident. School shootings happen because of Quake. A school shooting was possible because of Quake. These two nerds were made fun of a lot so they brought guns and started a shooting. Don’t believe it was Quake?
One said that Quake was “point and click.” According the his friend, he then brought out a gun he bought, pointed it at him, and pulled the trigger (not loaded of course). According to the book, he laughed and said it was the same, “point and click”.

Very interesting lifestyle…

Then is adrenaline what you collect in UT2k4 that you can become invisible or go berserk? Dictionary.com definition:
A hormone released from the adrenal medulla in response to stress, and in some other circumstances; also known as epinephrine in the USA. It increases heart rate, raises blood pressure, and causes release of sugar into the blood from liver stores. Thus, in situations of stress the body is prepared for the ?fight or flight reaction?. Therapeutic uses include acute asthma, heart attack, and severe allergic responses.

He can “remade” the data much faster now… assuming that you mean “remake”, I would say that it would be even faster if he didn’t have it stolen in the first place. And upgrading it would mean that he would have to go through the process of remaking it, and then he would have to upgrade it like he would of had anyways even if some random thief didn’t steal it.

ok, here i am again. and it is not my fault if i am spoilt. not my fault my father is filthy ritch and sends me free money. but anyway, some of the lost stuff is back now, on my grans laptop. (this one im using) think about is though,ive lost …

brb

Well you just pwned yourself. I don’t think 'hormone that increases heart rate, blood presure, etc, etc. matches ‘blood rush to the head’

XD

adren. ?

oh wait…

Did I say I was right in that post…?

If the robber only had a flashlight… why did’nt anyone just kick him in the nuts?

Well, let’s see. For one thing, I can’t remember ever reading that the robber “only” had a flashlight. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty damn sure that no one could ever be possibly stupid enough to attempt to intrude into someone’s home and take their things (with them in it), entirely unarmed. Odds are, if you’re close enough to kick them, you’re close enough to get stabbed. Not only that, I’m not entirely sure that the sex of the thief was confirmed. Assuming it was even male, they have these wonderful things called “cups” that would protect them in that situation. A failed attack is the perfect opportunity for them to break your arm or drive a knife into your ribs.

As for shooting someone (if you could even find a firearm in that small timeframe), none of you have the balls to do it. If you really think you do anyway, you have to consider that there are legal implications that are likely going to make you worse off than losing a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff. Play Quake, CS, UT, whateverthehell you want, but that’s not gonna make a difference, it won’t suddenly make you abandon your inhibitions. Polygons. Are. Not. People. For the love of god, it sounds like I’m listening to Jack Thompson.

As for the theft of the computer, I’m going to say that I would be frustrated to no end at having lost years of work or documents; However, if the data was truly that important to you, why didn’t you back it up? It’s a fool’s plan to have only one copy of something so easily duplicated, with nothing to fall back on considering the possibility that it could somehow be lost (if it exists, it risks getting lost).

i had some stuff on cds i found yestarday.

anyway, im getting a new laptop soon.

the ?629 one.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF…0-12433938.html

fingerprint scanner, wireless, all that.

if i had been in my house in america, i would of got the gun from under my bed and shot him. ive put a bullet in someones stomach before, and i didnt regret it. its like the 17th time weve been robbed. ive attacked about half of them, mostly with baseball equipment. before my stepdad (dog alergies) moved in, our dog max attacked one. i just hate the idea of someone breaking in and creeping around while your asleep.

anyway, ive got work to do. just got around to finishing some half finished sheets.

You know… legs are longer than arms and a chair beats a knife.

@King metroid
Why do you people want to shoot everything that moves?
If you shoot, stab or just hurt someone too much that tries to rob you here in Sweden, then you are the bad guy. So you have to get creative.

Try a stungun. Then kick his teeth out, stomp on his knees and break his fingers. When he wakes up, he most likely will not try to rob someone again.

If it works here, it should work everywhere.

Bullshit. I’m pretty sure people can press charges for that kind of abuse. I know WTP got put in jail for defending himself against a robber, for instance…

“Defending yourself” varies from state to state. Some states say “defending yourself” is just enough to run away. Some are lenient enough so that a coupl’a broken bones won’t get you in trouble. And King Metroid, 13th time you’ve been robbed where? Turkey or U.S.? If its the U.S. I suggest moving out of the Queens.

Yes, this is actually true, though I’ve only heard of a few occurences. Still, there was probably a safe way to knock him unconscious, and you could always say that you felt it was a life threatening situation (which was probably true, since I’d be scared off the goose if some tall dude with a flashlight was in my house). Anyhow, you’re getting a new laptop and shit so you really cant care much anymore.

I don’t recommend that laptop. . . Chances are you’ll get Vista, the crappiest OS ever. Really get a mac book being a spriter that’s probably the best thing for ya.

Yeah. Get a real computer instead of that HP crap.