P2D, I salute you!

Oh man… I don’t know how to start. I don’t know how to appreciate all of the dedicated P2D team’s efforts. I don’t know how to do you all justice.

Okay, first of all, let me say I’m in love with the idea of P2D. I think it’s a great, great, great idea.

I’m amazed that all of these different people, from all walks of life, from all countries and places, can come together over the internet over one common thing - the desire to remake a game in a series they love. It’s amazing. The fact that you have pulled in so many fans, myself and many, many others included with your dedicated, determined work is greatly to your credit.

Nearly everyone here wants to help. Not all of them can, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’m sure that if they could, they’d jump in and help. If I was a spriter, I’d be shoulder-to-shoulder with you guys right now, working along with you to contribute my corner to this masterpiece. However, I am sadly not a spriter nor a programmer nor a background or tilemaker. That does not mean I am useless. The P2D team needs playtesters, morale-boosters, and most of all, fans - and many of you fit all of these descriptions and more. Even if my part is exceedingly miniscule, I’m glad that I’m at least able to do something - and that is play the game. And beleive it or not, that’s a neccesary part of the game process, too.

What I’m saying is that I’m glad that I’m here. I’m glad I’m getting to witness this great game being built from the ground up.

But what I’m mostly saying is that I’m amazed and incredibly impressed by the P2D team’s drive, determination, and effectiveness. I’m shocked that a simple idea generated such a great response. I’m starting to view this place as a haven from the hate-wars that are enveloping the rest of the internet. When I come here, I know I can find intelligent, easy, friendly discussion as we all wait and hope that someway down the line, we can help too.

MP2D, I salute you.

I couldn’t have said it better myself.