Paint

just…nobody say any more…we (all) would never (ever) use roms …

…thats my story…

I use roms. I use them daily, and I’ve downloaded them myself.
There are a lot of legal roms to download and play.

same… love using roms… u cant get SNES games anymore, so u HAVE to get roms to play em… or u can buy 'em off ebay. whichever one works 4 u :wink:

There’s no such thing as downloading a ROM legally, according to Nintendo’s license agreement.

Who cares about what nintendo thinks?
There are other platforms and there are PD.

For those who don’t know ‘PD’ means public domain.

and there are games people made fer emms

Lawyers, judges, and anything that in general has to do with the law.

Yes, they probably do. But what if I’m not breaking any laws? There are legal roms.

its only illegal if they catch you… :>_>:

lol, i for one support roms as they are now, which is that they mostly only let you play older games (not recent)

really, its just a nostalgic visit, not screwing nintendo out of money (rather than that, you are screwing ebay…and i dont care about ebay…)

I never said that it was Nintendo roms.

You know, there are other computers/consoles than the Nintendo ones.

paint isn’t a bad program and its just…uhm possible like i make recolored sprites alot and they look perfect.

That’s maybe because… um… maybe the original sprite also looked perfect? Cause ya know, recoloring isn’t hard.

backup files are illeagal,mason.
if you moved the data however,it would be legal if you didnt copy it.
(move like the file on the pak is gone.)anyone notice the topic creator is gone?

That always confused me, actually. Lots of people who seem to know what they’re talking about say roms are legal if you rip them yourself, but the manuals always say that it isn’t. Maybe there’s some loophole I’m missing?

from my knowledge, the only loophole would be the fact that human’s observations only reach so far, and thus, there comes the simple fact that if you are not caught, you are not in trouble (regardless of morals, as you can see, this applies to many human’s perceptions :stuck_out_tongue: )

Lol. I’ve never downloaded, nor played a rom. Nor do i know where to find them. I considered looking for a super metroid rom, but my concience kicked in, and i didnt bother.

If you have teh game,It’s legal for 24 hours

Go Me!Go Me! :smiley:>

No. You fool. Like Mr. T would have said

There are plenty of A500/C64 roms that are legal but no legal comercial roms for any SEGA/Nintendo/SNK or any other console…

You own the copy that you bought, not the one you downloaded. Fool!

actually,the only way you could play games legally on ur pc would to turn your system into a device that runs cartidges on ur comp(making the device from scratch would be like making the system,illegal.)if i remembered how i would report EVERY ROM USER TO NINTENDO!!!