Physics Demo

Daz, can you tell me just one thing then? Is THAT going to be the demo? Every inch of it? Because I don’t think its ready…

I think the demo is going to be the first part of Prime when Samus is in the Space Pirate thing (Sorry game maker is driving me insane and I can’t think now).

Oh, sorry, I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is: Are thos graphics and engine works not going to be changed for the demo? Because I have seen many quotes that say the demo is almost ready, meaning the engine might be done.

well Daz, thanks for clearing that up about the yellow bomber thing. As for the demo confusion, if it isn’t a demo, then why is it called a “physics demo” on the P2D main page, the download page, and on the title of this topic?

Dude, demo is short for demostration, which means its a demostration of the physics the real demo will use. Is it so hard to understand? :wink:

Dude, don’t be so picky… Does the word ‘demo’ really matter that much?

You people crack me up.

The emo/engine/thing is good … but Samus does run a little too fast. Otherwise, awesome job.

The demo is nearing completion. The entire progress chart can be viewed on the main page. I haven’t checked it in a while.

EDIT:
Programming: 75%
Sprites: 53%
Backgrounds: ?%
Sounds: ?%
Music: 21%
Maps: 100%
Tilemaps: 15%
Environment: 15%

Where does it mention Demo progress?

Not the overall progress, but it’s…y’know, something.

They should add a demo progress thing.

The morphball is supposed to be faster than running, exept up slopes (that’s when boost ball comes in handy). And at the current height Samus jumps, she could easily jump over every boss (including Thardus :O_O: ) and probably get into SW’s just by jumping. :laughing:

A demo progress bar are you nuts? They barely even update the overall progress bar, and you think they would update a demo one?

How can I update the progress bar thing when there has been made almost no progress :unamused:

Maybe I should remove that thing…

Yeah, you should, but then again if you do, then everyone will be asking: “how much is done?” “post us some progress!”

That’s probably better than just staring at an unmoving number.

I like the demo. Except for the jump- it’s Waaaaaay too high.

Woah, there. What makes you think SW’s are gonna be in P2D?

What makes you think they’re impossible? SW’s are glitches. They might occur, or maybe the programmers will add them on purpose. Who knows?

Oh yeah… :blush: