edited zealous zealot =P

ref

edited marine

ref

are they all better?

edit

oops i didnt mean to triple post… you guys just didnt reply >.>

As far as I can tell…well I can’t tell.

Couldn’t you make them bigger? The marine is the only one with enough contrast as I see it, but it’s probably just because of how big they are.

you made a suit of samsu!!!

metroid ressurection reference btw.

added more contrast and shaded the blades

different color

splurge~!

although i did not enlarge the shoulders >.<

Peppy: DO A BARREL ROLL!!
(Press the Z or R button twice.)

edit
you cant tell me the colors are still wrong because i got them streight from the portrait!

edit2

he needs a gun to defend himself, right?

no comments? after all my hard work?!?

The Zergling is “meh” but only because it’s a front view (of all things) of an extremely small creature… as a sprite. There isn’t much you can do there.

The sprite marine is awesome…

But saddly the larger one isn’t. There’s no linkage between the arms and the torso that would actually manage to fit someone’s arms. Plus the tips of the boots are indistinguishable from the rest of the foreleg.

shriekbat wip. if there is anything wrong, i need all the comments i can get because im planning on having this in p2d…

is the color correct? and is there really a big circle in the middle like the logbook picture has?

crap… i was working at the time on my dad’s desktop and i always save pictures to the desktop and its not letting me. “Access Denied.”

i’ll post it later…

Not to burst your bubble, but I’ve already made a shriekbat. Of course, I have no idea where I’ve saved it, but I can recreate mine, since I remember what it looked like.
You have a chance if yours looks awesome, though, and I’m a pretty shitty spriter, so there’s still hope. :wink:

alright… well, im not sure when its all shaded… is the color correct so far?

edit

Shriekbats are actually blue =P

But that’s way better than I expected… not because I think you’re a shitty spriter, but because I thought you’d make it much much smaller. It’s a tiny bit too big right now, actually…

Anyway, what you need is to add more than one color. Shriekbats are more complicated than that, colorwise.

I might show you my shriekbat later, if I feel you are worthy (not gonna show it now because my shading sucks ass compared to yours - gonna go try to fix that now).

You might want to consider shrinking your Shriekbat to about MZM Scree size, that Shriekbat looks like the king of them all, he’s just missing the crown <_<;

lol alright i’ll get right to that. hey, i just downloaded firefox and it has a built in spelling checker all right!
here is new color/size. is it better? please keep in mind that the right mandible is actually a copy of the left and i’ll be reshading it.
oh, and i also need to add the jagged pieces of carapace on the bottom side of the mandibles.

how is it looking? i basically resized it to 70%, then i redid the outline. keep in mind the outline is still black and it will be changed once i get an okay from you on the accuracy/quality.

That’s extremely sexy. One thing though, the yellow dot is only visible from behind the shriekbat. If you remember that part of the game, then you’ll know that I’m looking at them from behind. The front also has slightly more vibrant colors. I really like it though; it’s definitely better than mine is so far.

so the yellow is visible from behind, then is the red circle on both the back and the front?

also, when you say more vibrant, do you mean more contrast or more saturation?

1. yes
  2. saturation

well, i made an idle animation before you posted that, so i’ll fix the saturation problem right away.

the base pose has new colors. are they any better?

Samus for ya’

Not THAT much more saturated =P

Here, I’ll upload the colors I used in a sec…
EDIT: Actually, you know what? I’m a filthy liar. Forget the front/back saturation difference.