Pomegranate's "Arts"

I haven’t caught Menace online since ._.

aww damn… at any rate, i dont really want to continue w/o that reference because if i make all the frames wrong, i’ll have to redo them all if its wrong… so it would be good if you can post that next time you catch him online. thanks =P

i thought i’d post my icebeam here, even though you just have to go over to the sprite list topic, but, meh…

anything unaccurate?

also, i noticed from the game that the charged ice beam isn’t much different from the normal ice beam, except that it has sort of a “bubble” of energy around it. tell me if im wrong.

I don’t remember exactly how it looked in game, but I can say that that looks pretty good for what it is. Nice, smooth animation except for the looping jump. Shading looks very crystal-y/icy.

thanks for the compliments.

at any rate, do you think i could make it into the team with this or will i have to finish my shriekbat to get in?

You damn well better finish the bat. I liked that bat >_>;;

Ahem. But, er, anyone who makes any final resource that gets used is added to the team, yes. You just won’t get a particularly awesome mention in the credits for only doing a beam. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes… yes… i was going to finish the shriekbat regardless i was just wondering what exactly i had to do. i’m working on it right now, in fact.

here we are… is this better for the overall color? the purple on the blue-red area near the top was changed to yellow for the green-red.

edit

3d attack version coming soon!

who else thinks the green doesn’t have enough contrast?

Wow that is good, I can tell that you come along way on that shriek bat. :sunglasses:

basic dirt/grass 16x16 hexagonal tileset. colors/style based on-

now, here it is

i do intend to be using it, but like so many other things i’ve made that were intended to be used for something, i don’t think i’ll get around to it.

well, then, daz, is it enough for you to say its okay or does DF or someone else have to approve it?

The shriekbat still needs a lot more poses to be even close, and while I think the ice beam looks good I have no idea if it’s accurate. >_>

However, you do seem to have the skill and/or potential and the desire to help, so I’ll go ahead and set you as a team member.

Hmm, if we leave the skreikbat to operate like the ones in the 2d games, the size is fine, but otherwise, I think it needs to be smaller. Multiple numbers of those those things are supposed to be able to hit samus simultaneously, afterall.

The Ice Beam needs A LOT of work. <_<

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that they act differently from the 2D ones… D:

Maybe you should go play Prime again. <_<

Heh, probably.

Wait, are they really much smaller than the 2D ones though? I mean, I remember seeing them up close from behind while they’re hanging (right outside the…er… reactor area thingy where you get the bombs) and they looked about half her height…

No, I would say they’re more like 1/3 her height, but should probably be 1/4 for 2d’s sake. (Afterall, they’re usually in packs of over 4, and they can’t hit at the same vertical position in 2d.)

They can hit in 2D just as well as 3D… they just have to overlap, and take turns firing. Which they do in Prime, anyway. They’re about half of Samus’ height in the game, and I don’t see why making them smaller than that is any more accurate than making them bigger. They both work fine in gameplay mechanics, except spacing them out on a ledge, which won’t be any easier if they’re 2 pixels slimmer, anyway.

You should use a brighter green for the Shriekbat, looks better on it.

But they aren’t bright green >_>

shaping? shading? what kind of work?

also, i intend to make more poses for the 3D version so you could use either the 2D or the 3D…

basically, as it is, it’s attack will be much like the ones in M:ZM

the prime attack drops down to about the player level, spins around a couple times with its claws outstretched, then closes itself into an aerodynamic shape and launches in for a kill.

when you say more poses, do you mean adding the 3d attack poses or just more poses for the spinning animation?

edit
well, i already had this done before, so here’s the charge ice beam.

edit2
done with the 3d attack animations

soon to come- death animation
also, are you sure you want me to make a smaller version too? im thinking this one is fine. if the objects are allowed to overlap with one another… 5 could fit easily in an area

Not SUPER bright green, just a brigther green. This green looks a little too bla <_<;