Powerups/Upgrades

I’m finished and probably needs editing. But i did a sprite of a Power Bomb refill but i don’t know if its been done. So if it has this can just be a proof for the team if i can join.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dud…bSpriteMP2D.gif

Err… see the first page of this topic.

Oh crap i’m sorry i’ve been looking from all forums and couldn’t find anyone doing it until now apologies i guess i’ll try a different one. Whats your power bomb refill look like?

It’s right there… where i said I’d start it off. —> <—

O i didn’t see that circle there :smiley:
Well i better see if i can do somethin else
I like the Morph Ball Bomb Sprite excellent work :wink:

If you’re going to do something else, keep in mind a few things.
Firstly, you need to make your sprites the appropriate size for the game. That sprite you made was bigger than Samus… :stuck_out_tongue:
Second, Some of the effects can be added in GM. The reason mine’s just a little ball is because the misty purple stuff that you made will be added in GM.
Now, knock yourself out! :slight_smile:

And thanks :smiley:

Ok thanks so much for your help before i get started. First where is an updated list of what needs to be done and second whats GM stand for?

I’m sorry, I can’t answer your first question, as I really don’t know :frowning:

But for your second question: GM stands for Gamemaker, and it’s what P2D is being made in =D

Ok well i looked through the old list and decided to do the Flaahgra Tentacle which has been abondened so if its ok i’ll get started tommorow

Problem is, I can only do one particle effect at the time, gm totally sucks when it comes to advanced graphical stuff. I use the particle effects for environment stuff only. The morph ball doesn’t have a particle animation right now, so you could sprite it (but don’t make it too huge).
I can add glows, no problem.

…You wouldn’t need GM’s particle system for THAT, would you? O.o

Couldn’t you just… have an instance appear, and have it draw a bunch of circles and lines coming out of the explosion?

Edit: It’s very possible to create interesting effects without the particle system. In fact, I’ve never used the particle system for anything >.>

Sure, I can do it, but… meh.

Whatever, I’ll just do it >_> :smiley:>

invokes 3 day rule
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4629/boom1hu.gif
I’m not actually posting the image… cause the animation’d get really annoying, really fast.
Is that good enough? The color isn’t final, and I’ll shade it at least a bit later, but I wanna know if the shape is smooth, if it should be bigger, etc.
Note that the first two frames of the explosion suck >_>

i dont think its big enough and the first frame has the lines coming out of the center representing the air moving away or whatever it represents, they should dissipate not just dissapear.

IMO it’s perfect!

I’ll see if I can make it bigger, though :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks, AleX :smiley:

You’re welcome, but I wonder how that would look in-game. Anyways, why aren’t you posting at SCU? I remember a while back you were the official sprite quality director, what happened to you?

He got banned over a series of really stupid feuds. :\

Actually, I’m not sure that I got banned about that, specifically.

I think it was just for being a dick in general. I’ve come to terms with it by now, anyway, and the only problem I’ve got with it is that they didn’t tell me why I was banned. >_>

About the in-game animation: There’s gonna be a glow, and hopefully a bit of transparency. Other than that, it’s just gonna be the sprite.
goes off to eat bagels, and then to finish it up

Added your sprite Timaster (better late then never).