Prime 2D Demo v0.1.21.4.1

Wow, wow, wow! This is incredible, just a fantastic job, bravo!

This is awesome, thank you so much for your hard work. Also, I can confirm this runs perfectly in linux using Steam and Proton.

-In Linux open steam open the steam settings, select the Steam Play category and click the checkmark box the says “Enable Steam Play for all other titles” and click OK it may ask you to restart steam
-click add a game to your library
-select add a non steam game
-click the browse button and in the new window that pops up select “All Files” for the file type.
-find your exe
-once your exe has been loaded to your library, right click the game and verify the file location is correct (a bug in steams “add a game” feature)
-then click compatibility and select “Force the use of a specific Steam Play…” and select the latest build with a number
-and then load the game. Runs great!

you may need to run any regular non steam game to download the version of proton you have selected to download the proton files

I hate to be “that guy” but any chance on controller support?

2 Likes

Hi! Can you tell me please where’s save file location? Is there any possibles to remove a progress slot?

From Official FAQ Topic 2021

On the file select menu in-game, highlight a save file and hit the “delete” key on your keyboard to be brought to a confirmation screen. Alternatively you can navigate to %appdata%\NetMission\Demo2021 on your computer and delete the files there.

1 Like

Hi, i just downloaded it to play it and it was pretty good, i would just like to see the controller layout. Not even change it, i just want to see what does what.

1 Like

hey there guys, just wanted to say i love the look of the game so far, i am new to all this forum stuff, is there a place to post bug issues or crashes, i have tried the first 5 mins of the demo egar to get into the rest, but the game seems to crash just after the first elevator shaft, would love some help o get by this, sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting, thank you for you patience, keep up the good work!!

Really enjoyed this game folks. I can tell way more love has gone in to this than is first apparent! Finished all the stuff I could in the game, and right before i finished, discovered that wall jumping was a thing. Great attention to detail! I’m looking forward to finding the rest.

I wondered if the lore about the “founders” was actually about the history of making the game?

Thank you so much. This is incredible. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you find further success.

SO to the creators of this amazing DEMO is there a chance we will one day see FULL GAME?!?! I think everyone wants to know this hahaha

I’ve 100% the demo so far and ma I just say, this is incredible and I really hope that your team plans to finish this project sooner rather than later. And who knows, maybe I could even beta test the finished project whenever it’s ready? wink wink

Look at that subtle ambient lighting.
The tasteful pixilation of it.
Oh my god. It even has water effects.

“Something wrong, Axion? You’re sweating …”

I have to go return some game cartridges.

In all seriousness, this is brilliant. High marks all around. A huge surprise to see that this project is still alive. Really blown away by the quality and detail. There isn’t much else I can say that others haven’t already. Going to read through the FAQ, then play it again.

1 Like

Holy moly, you guys are fantastic! i’m so craving for a new 2D metroid and you guys delivered. awesome! btw, it runs fine on Linux via wine!

Hello Troid92 and fellow prime 2d fans! I seem to be having an audio issue, there is none ): . Has anyone run into this issue? I’m using windows 10 and I don’t believe the sound issue is on my end. I want to experience Prime 2D in its entirety and not having the sound with it would just be a crime.

Hi MasLegeis! This is the first report of this I have heard, so I hope we can get to the bottom of it. If you run the game using Command Prompt (cmd) or PowerShell, and if you send me a message with all of the text it displays, there is a good chance that information may help us proceed.

An easy way to do this is hold shift on the keyboard, right-click somewhere in the folder with all the game files (but not on a file), and choose the new “Open PowerShell window here” option. Then type PlayPrime2D, hit the tab key, and hit enter. Let me know if there are any issues!

PS C:\Users\samsi\Downloads\Prime2D_0.1.21.4.1A> PlayPrime2D
PlayPrime2D : The term ‘PlayPrime2D’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• PlayPrime2D
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (PlayPrime2D:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command PlayPrime2D was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: “.\PlayPrime2D”. See “get-help about_Command_Precedence” for more details.
PS C:\Users\samsi\Downloads\Prime2D_0.1.21.4.1A>

I think I did it correctly? I don’t know if it makes a difference that I wasn’t running the game at the time. i couldn’t get my mouse cursor to leave the game

Great Job guys I hope this goes to market. I LOVE it already and cant wait to give you my money I hope $$NINTENDO$$ doesn’t do what they always do.

2 Likes

wicked stoked about this! April 1st is my birthday so I am glad that this wasn’t actually a joke for once lol Can not wait for full version ^-^

Do you have any idea when you will be finished?

-French

I am not having this issue and I am running on windows 10 as well. Double-check your drivers and audio settings. Hope it works out cuz it sounds awesome!! >_<