Prime 2D Demo v0.1.21.4.1

many many thanks for sharing this game it has the escence of a metroid game to the medule, I will play it and share my fellings about it… again thanks for sharing this beautifull project.

1 Like

Stumbled upon this gem via an article.

You folks are doing an awesome and passion project that many of us Prime fans never realized we wanted.

Fantastic shift from AM2R (RIP via Lawsuit), going full original sprites, new assets, and full rework on aiming from controller inputs to M&K.

Color me impressed, but this may be the next big Prime game we’ve been waiting for!

From one Prime fan to another group of fans: thank you for this awe-inspiring game.

I will eagerly be reporting my playtime to you folks, and be sure to check in on updates!

Cheers, and keep up the fantastic work!

“See you next Mission!”

2 Likes

Oh, and yes…I beat the Demo xD haha.

Will be eagerly awaiting further updates.

So far, I can only suggest one thing in my playtime: versatile/dynamic movement during summersaults/flips. If it’s by style you made Samus jump this way, then by all means: keep it.

However, if not, I recommend a more fluid movement as you get from the other 2D Metroids where switching direction mid-jump does not lose momentum and continues through the jump. Noticed it was tricky grabbing ledges with summersaults this way.

Otherwise, epic boss fight introductions for the rest of the project. If your bosses surprise me and everyone else with minor twists and awesome scale as done with the Missile/Hive Mecha, this will be an AWESOME game with AWESOME bosses, no doubt.

Once again, cheers. And continue your awesome work!

Hi! I went in without knowledge of this project, and it was waaay better than I expected. Incredibly polished. Looks great, sounds great. Keep it up!
The boss fight was really tense! Felt exactly like it did in 3d when I was 12. Except then I couldn’t beat it for months ><
Exploration was great too, managed to get 93% in 1:20 or so :slight_smile:

Also enjoyed how you wove the project lore into the game. I’m trying to make a game myself, and I think it’s really challenging to make anything, let alone something of this quality, with a changing team of people.

1 Like

Wow. Just…wow. Okay, now that i’m done being a fanboy:

My least favorite part of the experience was having to hold the scan button after completing a scan. I felt that it seemed unnecessary and even interruptive that the information disappeared when i would start to read the data. I think a toggle method or allowing the person to choose in the future might be better.

The only other minor things were just understanding how mechanics work like you would any other game mostly. I laughed with enthusiasm plenty of times and had some real moments. Your hard work and care for your project are very clear. I am happy to be a part of this community now and check in on other fans and your progress.

-Rumbly

feel like i’m dreaming right now, haha

I was watching some Oatsngoats stream and he was streaming Prime 2D.
Just WOW. I didn’t know this was still going! :smiley:

Was very suprised to find myself on the credits and that my artwork was still used. :smiley:
Great to find some old faces posting here, got me excited to check it more.

Big congrats to everyone involved on this new demo, pretty impressive.

1 Like

I’m unable to run the demo. Getting an error message that says, NetMission Engine cannot display properly on this system. Open in a shell to see why.

What is the plan with this game? Does Team SCU plan to make this into a full game? Are there any fears of nitnendo shutting you down? Any hope of a spiritual successor using this engine?
BTW I must say the demo was one of the best looking 2d metroid games ever…I never cared for metroid prime games but the way it looks & even plays with a m/kb is amazing.

Wow. The entire thing was just absolutely stunning. I really loved how you didn’t just recreate Prime in 2D, but you sort of reimagined parts of it, with the Chozo artifact temple thingy (I forgot the name) being different, and the added boss fight that completely caught me off guard. Having said that… adding the option for a left-handed control scheme would be really nice, I kinda stumbled through the demo since I’m not used to using the mouse with my right hand. And I think that the controls (namely, pretty much everything about the scan visor) should probably be explained a little more. But overall, it was a really great experience, and you guys are doing excellent work!

1 Like

I had to create an account just to say that you guys ARE THE BEST!. This is some seriously professional stuff. I mean I was totally wowed and bamboozled when I played the demo. Brought back so many memories.
What you have here is a masterpiece.I love the fact that you are giving it your own touch.
I like how you paid attention to even the little things.
Loved the H.I.V.E battle, the scan visor, the playability, the graphics, the music. Just. Everything.
Keep it up! Truly!. I will be one of the many that will follow this project closely. I do wish the best for you and the team as that means we get more than a demo :slight_smile:
You are a silver lining amongst this Prime 4 eternal limbo.
Thank you

2 Likes

So I’m sure you all have thought about this. What will you do when you get the Cease and Desist? Not if. Will you be hosting the final product privately?

By the way, I do want to say the demo is incredible. Not to spoil, but the “phase 2” at the end had me stutter and trip, and say aloud, “Wait, what??”. That’s the kinda twists that will make this game its own.

I just hope you’ll continue after the inevitable cease-and-Desist Nintendo will send out. Perhaps on Discord?

Just finished the demo and had to make an account to let you guys know that I am absolutely floored. You captured so much of the original metroid style and atmosphere (the music is wonderful) but made it feel fresh and surprising with the M&K control scheme and re-imagined level design.

The surprise second phase of the boss truly had me giggling like a nerdy fool. Metroid fusion is one of my all-time favorite games, so I knew exactly what I was fighting, and then it started jumping on the ceiling and I absolutely lost it.

Also, I love the sassy space pirate log about being pissed at upper ‘management’. I have accepted this as canon.

The quality of this demo will garner a lot of attention, and I am sad to say that that attention will almost certainly lead to nintendo doing their damndest to nintendo this project into legal purgatory. That being said, what you have made here is a gem and I truly hope to see more of it!

1 Like

The game plays flawlessly on Wine, not sure what your problem is. Must be your distro. I’m using Proton 4.11. The only issue I’m having is that the mouse is always locked to the game window, even if you switch to another window.

Bravo to the team!

I enjoyed your demo very much, thank you! Just noticed one little bug - the DATA section in the LOGBOOK cannot be scrolled down (Windows 10 64 installation). I wanted to read the lore I found, but couldn’t. Can you confirm this, please?

I’ll be bitterly disappointed if you’ve not managed to squeeze in a Secret World entrance (or 5). :wink:

Amazing work on the release. Off to give it a play soon!

Andrew “MP SW Monkey” Mills

1 Like

Click and drag to scroll. They’ve said it’s a known issue.

Maybe can I help with the Spanish translation of the game, I would be great if this game could reach more people around the world, such a master piece.

Also if you re-scan the data, it will display the full information correctly