Prime 2D Demo v0.1.21.4.1

I just installed via PlayOnLinux (Yeah, I know it’s old). Click ‘Configure’ then New → 64 bit install. Go through the motions to set up that bottle (I used Wine x64 v6.3). While in the config screen, make sure you have your new Prime2D bottle selected. Head to Miscellaneous, and open the program’s directory. Plop Prime2D files in there (or create a link as I did). Close out your file manager. Back at the config screen again, head back to the General tab, and create a shortcut (I had to manually browse to the .exe). Once you’ve made your shortcut, close the config screen then attempt to run the game. I didn’t have to install anything extra, it just launched.

Hopefully that’ll get you there.

Congratulations on the team! Excellent game! Great style controller. I am very tankful.
tela

(NEW MEMBER) - just played through the demo and I am mindblown. I have to say, even as a die hard metroid fan, the hype within me for prime 4 was starting to wither. It’s been 3 years since its announcement and we haven’t really received much from Nintendo. The timing behind the release of this demo couldn’t be better. Absolutely love everything about this game and at the end I was clamoring for more. AWESOME WORK!!!

Greetings everybodies!

After seeing the gameplay video from GameXplain, I simply must give this a try myself… except it won’t run on my system and it won’t tell me why. :disappointed_relieved:

I have a Dell Inspiron 7110N 17R running windows 10 home, 64bit with 8 gb ram. When I try to run the exe it pops up an error box: “NetMission Engine cannot properly display on this system. Open in a shell to find out why.”

So I’ve tried again from a command line and sometimes it does nothing, other times it pops up that same message.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

PS: In case it might have been a conflict with my 2nd monitor, I disabled that and tried running in just single-screen mode… no success there either.

Just finished 100%ing the demo. Beyond outstanding work! This was truly a delight to play. Thank you for everything.

Hi Daellus,

What brand and model of graphics card do you have? This game requires OpenGL2+ to run and sometimes graphics cards do not support these features or perhaps need the drivers to be updated first.

Here are the most compatible instructions I have found for running an exe file from a shell:

1. In the folder where you have placed the game, type cmd into the directory path at the top and hit enter.
  2. Type PlayPrime2D.exe > log.txt 2>&1 and hit enter.
  3. Look inside the new log.txt file for warnings or error messages related to graphics.

This may tell you the specific feature that is missing, but unfortunately there is probably nothing we can do about it other than finding you a different device, since it is likely hardware-based.

AAAAAA I HAVE ONE MORE ITEM TO GO
is it missiles because I have 40 or is it something else?

Excellent demo, I was really hoping to see the day where there was a take on Metroid w/ “Starbound-like” controls. I wasn’t sure if you guys wanted feedback here or on another page, but feel free to redirect me for future reference:

1. Wise choice with the Frigate Orpheon skip. It is one of the things I didn’t really like about Prime 1, since it didn’t really add much to the overall experience (and I’d much rather go straight to Tallon IV since it is probably my favourite planet from the series. It also streamlines the experience well with the 2D games by starting the player off with minimal power-ups (without finding excuses to remove power-ups).
  2. The art style and music is stunning. In the original game, the Tallon IV overworld gives off this cozy vibe, and this style captures that very well. I find it interesting how people are critiquing the running animation, I didn’t really think much of it. I did find that the doors were a little too flat and monochromatic (I know Prime doors are much flatter in comparison to Super and Zero Mission, but they seem a little off in contrast to how detailed everything else looks in Prime2D). UI and menus are beautiful, well done with that. The construction tape on the demo doors made me laugh, nice touch!
  3. Scanning some objects takes a little too long in my opinion, consider shortening the time it takes to scan things if possible.
  4. Hidden items I found were pretty well done, I imagine morph ball and bombs are where they are so that players can mess around with them in the demo.
  5. I’m not sure why it’s necessary to rescan the elevator to go back to the Tallon IV overworld from Chozo Ruins (having already scanned to go up that elevator), I don’t think that was a thing in the original game, and it probably isn’t necessary for Prime2D either unless there are technical reasons for it.
  6. Overall, very fluid gameplay and combat, love the boss encounters so far.

Keep up the fantastic work, I wish you guys all the best with this project, and with anything else you may do in the future.

1 Like

Just played the demo and hooooolyyyy crap! Absolutely gorgeous, felt fantastic to play, bravo. Tons of fun. Can’t wait to play a full version! Would absolutely pay money for it, but I guess Nintendo would complain, huh.

Finally downloaded this and it is fantastic. Really hoping for controller support, because at 42 my hands just don’t like to do anything with a keyboard other than type. Would go perfect with my concept trackball/joystick controller concept. Excellent work, can’t wait to see if you get blessings from the far east!

Metroid Prime is my favourite videogame, bar none. Experiencing this fresh take on the greatest game of all time me so happy, you folks have a real gift. Wish there was some way I could contribute to your cause, but guessing the Big N wouldn’t like it. Keep up the amazing work, hope to see more of Tallon IV in 2D

I was around the day Metroid hit the shelves originally for Nintendo, all I can say is WOW!! This game is rad and super authentic. Seems awfully good to be just a demo, can’t wait for the final product and hopefully with controller support. Keep up the great work, Cheers!

Does this demo play good on newer cpus like the and 5800x and Intel 10 or 11 series chips?

When I try to play it keeps saying netmission engine can not display properly on this system. what does that mean?

Just in case you need a mirror of the download :wink:: http://www.samus.co.uk/

1 Like

Just came here to say amazing job! Running smoothly with parallels desktop on m1 mac mini!

Just found out about this, oh goodness. You guys really have something special in the works here. I just got back to the ship clearing after getting the first artifact, the music kicking in. Absolutely magical moment, I’m really giddy all over and had to register to give words of praise and encouragement. I hope to hell you guys complete this someday. I’m in awe. Go fucking get 'em.

for some reason I expected this to suck, but it turned out to be wonderful. if the professionals can’t maintain the series, apparently the fans have to do it. I have some concrete feedback, including typos I found. is there a dedicated place for that or should I just post it in here?

anyway, for now, thank you for making this. it looks gorgeous and so far carries the atmosphere and player-governed story involvement that made metroid prime such a phenomenal immersive experience. much love.

You can just post it here if you want, or you can send a message to someone on the team, or you can post it in the feedback channel over at our Discord server. Glad you enjoyed the demo!

1 Like

Greetings! First of all, I created this account to congratulate all the team that made this demo possible - and you’ll continuing to improve it until the final version of the game. I tested and played this version of the demo and I just loved! Before that I tried to play some Metroid hacks but I never went beyond until now; also, I never finished the original MP before - just for a couple minutes in my potato PC - and for me, this is my first experience with Prime series and I don’t know if the story of this fanmade will be the same as the original one. After that I downloaded the AM2R too because I really need to pay more attention what the fans are making with the franchise that I love too and I will play both games for now.

Tech feedback
I played it on Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit - the game opens only if I click on its icon but not if I type it on CMD, showing me a message “BOOTUP ERRORS: Could not open " data file. ‘core.nma’ is missing or corrupted” - and used keyboard and mouse at the first hour, but now I will use my DS4 with DS4Windows and it’s working fine.

1 Like