Processors

most modern games are multithreaded, so most likely.

anyway, 2.4 is well above recommended, so you wouldn’t have a problem anyway (I know that I very rarely max out my processor, except with SandBox2)

:smiley:
Yay, I can finaly play current-gen games!

Actually, most modern games are far more heavily GPU-bound, so you’ll need a good graphics card, at least 2GB of RAM (though if you get less at todays’s prices you’re an idiot), a reasonably fast HDD, as well as everything else.

Yeah, there’s only a certain distance you can take processing power in games. Processing = physics, and what’re you gonna do, just have lots more particles? Doesn’t seem that useful.

Well…I think a GeForce 8200 will work till I get the 9800 GTX +…
And yeah, I got 2gb ram and a good HDD…

8200 is… ok, it won’t max much out, but you shouldn’t have much trouble playing stuff :smiley:
(also, defrag -often-)

Yeah…I’m gonna have to settle with the 8200 for longer than planned…My current RAM is incompatible with my new Mobo (got it today, it’s awesome), so I got to buy RAM, in addition to a PSU, before I can even consider a good GC…

Speaking of RAM and PSU’s, has anyone seen better deals than this:
$26 PSU Lifetime warrenty (Needs to have 8 and 24 pin mobo connectors)
$41 2gb dual-channel DDR2

You know you could have bought a good quality 9600Gt for a little below $100 right?

I don’t have a lil under $100…>_>
The 8200 came with the mobo and proccessor for $130.

g8200 are not good. they are bottom of the nvidia GPUs from 2 generations ago (gpu generations)

Well…I’m 80% sure it’s better than the Radeon X800 I had, and if not, it was still FREE with 2 parts I needed anyways…
:stuck_out_tongue: