Random Thoughts (And Suggestions)

Making a 2D physics engine, especially with diagonal terrain, is very difficult.
Making a 3D physics engine is impossible without advanced knowledge of trigonometry.
Making a game with pathfinding is extremely difficult.
Designing a game without one of those things involved is hard.

Anything else? I remember a good few people having trouble with minimaps, and I haven’t tried making one, but I’m pretty sure it’s not hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I think people should pool some ideas in here that DON’T involve those difficult things I mentioned… I might even end up turning some ideas into games (and I encourage others to do the same), because I feel I haven’t been anywhere near as productive as I’d like to have been over the last few years.

Aw man, I got my “don’t spam about random topics” rant all typed up in word and ready for transfer when I read the subtitle…Dang. I like that new one.

Anyway, I like the idea. However, can’t contribute at the moment. Busy typing 20-page paper due tomorrow. Yeah, procrastination is my middle name. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome topic idea. I’ve had a whole lot of ideas on how to do weird things over the years… too bad I don’t remember any of them =P

All this programming discussion makes me wanna learn GML, or, perhaps, start figuring out how to do graphics stuff in C++ (which can’t be that difficult, but I can’t find any example code that works on my computer).