Reading...

Talk about your favorite type of books(Manga counts ;P).Your favorite authors, etc…

I like mystery books, I’m mostly into horror.( I have a very hyperactive imagination so…yeah sometimes I creep myself out >.>)

My favorite author atm is Stephen King.
I like how he writes it’s quite humorous sometimes.Right now I’m reading “The Dark Tower III : The Wastelands” I’m hoping to read the whole series(if it is ever completed.)

I also used to read books from R.L.Stine when I was, like, 10(the Goosebumps stuff was fun to read).Edgar Allan Poe was a great writer too(though I can’t say much about him since most of his works are a mystery to me.)

…now it’s your turn…>.>

I hate reading.

This.

I’m really into Robert A. Heinlein, he’s just a fantastic sci-fi author. I too am reading the Dark Tower series by Steven King. I’m currently on the 6th book and yes the series is complete. As of favorite books? Pretty much all of Terry Pratchett’s discworld novels. Favorite graphic novels? Bone. Nuff said. Finally, favorite mangas? Ranma 1/2 and Fullmetal Alchemist. Oh yeah, I love comics too. Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, For Better or for Worse.

ps. I find it’s posts like the above two that should be marked as spam since they don’t contribute anything to the topic. Just my opinion though.

Eh, Mine is more spam than Phlakes, however, we both were adding to the conversation on reading that we don’t read. >_>

But I’ll warn myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

heh…I didn’t know the series was complete until 10 minutes after I posted that :stuck_out_tongue:

One book I really like is “Desperation” by Steven King it’s so creepy(and weird) in the good way that is.“Insomnia” is also pretty cool though the ending was meh-ish.

Edgar Allen Poe is one of my favorite poets and story tellers of all time!
“The Cask of Amontillado” and “The Raven” are my favorite works of his.

I’m enjoy the Harry Potter series, Wicked, and a few other books. But sadly I don’t read as much as I should.

i like reading… but i hate being forced to read a specific book (i.e. english class)

My favorite books are the Hitchhiker’s Guide and CATCH-22, and I pinch my nose at basically everything else :stuck_out_tongue:
Though I do like me some vonnegut, occasionally. I just don’t have the attention it takes to read books for fun.

Agreed.
I can’t read a book unless I’m interested on it, it’s boring and sometimes very, VERY annoying especially when you have to write Book Reports…>_<

I like Fantasy like the Inheritance books, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, I also liked Ender’s game and some of the Halo and Star Wars novels I’ve read, surprisingly I don’t read much manga, but I did like Ranma 1/2