Reaver's stuff

yahoo for naruto… looks great! thx :slight_smile:

dont worry i wont steal it or anything, i just wanted to see what naruto 8 bit chibit would look like :slight_smile:

and 8 bit only has 4 colors? (according to the tut)

i thought it had 256 :confused:

Bumping my old thread filled with old dead projects, and memories that make me cry with a Metroid, and her little sister because it’s aperantly a better idea than posting a new thread.

It keeps the forums less cluttered.
See, I learn things. :slight_smile:

Edit: looking at it now, I think the inside is a bit too dark.

Edit again: Wait a minute, while fixing it I realised it’s only eight colors.

Hmm?

i believe i only counted seven colors…

Transparency counts as a color.

oh, didn’t know that…

…huh…

Wow. It’s really nice. Wishes he could sprite like that

What I want to know, is how you seem to always have a perfectly realistic pallette. It seems that your sprites already have the right “look”, regardless of accuracy. Can you fill me in?

I really don’t understand what it is you mean…
It sounds like you’re telling me I have good color sense, but I’m not sure. If you are I disagree; all I ever really do is mess around with the hue slider.

I don’t get what you mean by “look.” ;o;

(By the way, by the end of the week [next Saturday] I’ll have an updated first post with a mess of old/new stuff)

I guess good color sense could be how to put it. The amount of contrast always seems to be spot on as well. Its not really answerable question, but id basically like to know how you choose your pallette. >_>

I guess I usually just start with desaturated colorsand mess around with things untill they look real. A good idea is using “Veiw > Zoom > Show Thumbnail” in microsoft paint and recoloring shades while looking at the result in realtime.

I did not know that thumbnail existed for too long. ;~;

In that Metroid sprite, the darker shades are closer to grey. =D

Lol. I also only found out about thumbnails a couple months back. Now I always have my sprites that way, but I guess I dont do enough “messing” around with the palette.

Advice? Requests? Mostly adivce, though, please…

Edit: And I know Sol came out shitty, help me fix him. D:

hmm… the hair has good contrast, but the big area of dark brown (above headband) looks really flat. maybe add another shade?

I discovered I was taking the wrong approach with Sol, and I’m going to redo him completely. =o

Edit: and I mean, that isn’t the new one.

On second thought, nevermind, I have other stuff I actually need to be working on. ._.

blue megaman head looks really cool

I think I’ve seen you, are you member of pixeljoint?

EDIT: hmhm I think I bumped big time

The black outline on the metal helmet looks really bad. Might wanna use a darker red.

Nice other than that.

i like kakashi :sunglasses:

me too :slight_smile:

:smiley: cool who are the others i know toad and kakashi and angg from avatar but not the others :neutral_face:

uchiha itachi is the top left head in the four heads square area.