Religion, Science... Beliefs ok?!

I’m only going to speak about christianity on this because i don’t know enough about others to speak about em. Basically, Jesus said that if you do something in his name that is against the bible, it is actually in satan’s name. Therefore, it’s not the religion killing people it’s the own person’s choice to be dumb.

On controlling: The only controlling aspects of Christianity are what the bible says to do/not to do (but most of the stuff in there is beneficial to society anyway) and tithe. I don’t agree on tithing, but it’s not required, and therefore I don’t count it as a controlling aspect. I don’t tithe and I know i’m going to heaven (that is… if you believe that place exists, which I do)

I think he was getting at the “BE GOOD OR YOU’RE GOING TO BE SENT TO A REALM OF ETERNAL TORTURE AND DAMNATION!” part of it.
Or the slightly different Catholic “Give us money and we shall guarantee thy place in heaven!!” variation.

Edited out of my other post and into this one:

By the way, Science and Religion are NOT at odds with each other. The people in the fields seem to think they are, but only the (and by the, I mean some) people are at odds with each other.
Is science trying to disprove Gods existence? No. The point of that kind of research would be to discover whether God exists or not. But… that’s not even what I mean.
People think evolution is in some way trying to disprove religion… it has NOTHING to do with religion. It’s not motivated by it, it’s not aimed at religion, nothing like that. It talks about how a species changes over time. How is that attacking God, or anyone’s faith? Who’s to say it’s not CAUSED by God?
(I refuse to call it a theory. It happens. Get over it. You don’t have to agree with the timeline of it (if you don’t think humans evolved from apes, fine, I don’t really care), but it’s just change over time in a species. Humans started out black. As some moved north, those developed white skin to better absorb the sunlight in those cold climates. That is evolution (yes, I know that’s adaptation, but adaptation would be part of evolution.))
Big bang theory. Another one people often point at and say it is trying to disprove that god created… things.

So nothing just randomly exploded, and turned into a universe.
WHY are Christians not pointing at this and going “Isn’t God amazing? He EXPLODED a universe into existence!!”

Sorry, I was in a REALLY bad mood. But yeah it kinda does. You can believe in whatever you want to and arguments always try to convert an opinion. And Synty, that may be true, but arguments also bring people’s spirits down and whoever starts the argument is usually selfish. I’m just trying to prevent anger. Even thought my first post wouldn’t do that in a million years xD

lol. I won’t try to convert any Christians or convince them of anything. I know better.
Besides, I’m a kind of pseudo-Christian-ish type person myself, I just disagree with the book.

…didn’t Chuck Norris start this argument?
Way to fucking go, Chuck >=(

Many do. :stuck_out_tongue:

…oh. Good for them =3
Nice thinking, Christians.

all creationist generally do

I’ve never seen a creationist argue that. They usually ridicule the big bang theory in my experience.

Question: What made the big bang?

(You will see where I’m going with this later)

That explains the animosity you hold for Christianity, I guess. >_>

Don’t it, 072? :stuck_out_tongue:

Zurg, no one has any idea, since singularities necessarily destroy information, and the Big Bang came from a singularity. It’s impossible to know or guess through any conventional means what happened before.

My point is this: SOMETHING had to create it, right? I mean, an explosion just doesn’t happen in complete vacume for no reason.

Chuck Norris sneezed

It wasn’t a complete vacuum. It was a singularity.

Well what made that?
>_>
<_<

candy man, LOL CAKES!!!
Syntax, discussions rule
Rundas, what are you?
Zurg, My point exactly, and I think God may have used a massive explosion to create everything. I wouldn’t put it past him. He’s certainly capable of it. Also, good point.
072, Your on my side right?
Cloud, Everyones got different beliefs, arguing them is moot.
Timmeh, We argue the big bang because you say it happened at random. God could have used the big bang, but there is absolutely no proof, so again, arguing that is moot. Also, Zurg has a point.

Did I leave anyone out? I don’t think I did. Lemme know If I did.

Zurg, no one has any idea, since singularities necessarily destroy information, and the Big Bang came from a singularity. It’s impossible to know or guess through any conventional means what happened before.

UTA, I never said it happened at random. I dunno why we’re talking about the Big Bang, since literally nothing is known about it.

So your basically saying your defending a point that NOBODY knows ANYTHING about?

i lol’d

edit*
whats wrong with his left eye?!

What point?