Ripped Metroid Prime Models [56K WARNING!]

Well, remember, metroids have a transparent outer body. Since viewer doesn’t support it, it looks waaaay different. A couple of those other images look a bit different because of that too. Nonetheless, they all look wicked awesome, especially Crotch Claw XD.

As for the ice beam…:/, this is the best I can do right now. I think it’s probably the shot when it hits something and not the actual shot. But maybe it will still help?

Wow, that’s a nice…crotch.

Anyway, I’ll get working to looking at those aerotroopers.

edit: Those Aqua’s really are trippy. >_^

I’m sorry, but looking at that Flaahgra, this is all I can think:

Seriously, that thing’s face looks ridiculous in the render. >_>

XD!! I actually never noticed he looked like that in game. With that face, I always skip him.

I remember when me and you talked about these on MSN…RIDLEY WAS AWESOME!

I’ll post him tomarrow. and ill prob have a ton others too.

thanks so much for the shriekbats and ice impact renders! i’ll probably be using them to get a better pallete for the shriekbat im working on, and of course, the ice explosions all need to be sprited, right? =]

Eehh, I would ask CFX about that. After all, the ice has to grow and explode and it might look better if it was all programmed or used some basic sprites.

Thardus will be really helpful for me, thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem. But I have some unfortunate news. I won’t be posting random models anymore by request of the maker of the viewer. He would rather it not be published in this way. So all models currently up will stay but there will be no more. I will still take requests and put them here in this topic, but i won’t be putting up random models anymore. Sorry for any non-spriters :/. But at least you’ll get to see anything the spriters request. Ok, well thats all for now.

The spriters probably won’t request every single model, but I’m pretty sure they’re gonna want most of them. :stuck_out_tongue: Beh, I wish I had that model viewer’s source code…it’s pretty sweet and I’d like to tinker with it. Could probably put in transparency (based on estimations if that info isn’t included in the model files) no matter what language it’s made in. I’m surprised the maker hadn’t done that to begin with, really.

Oh, Just a quick question. Are Aerotroopers the same size as normal troopers? Is it possible to compare them in the program?

edit: The Aerotrooper beta is done, check it in my topic.

Yeah sorry but theres no way youll get that source :/. And, if you look at the documentation about the way Metroid Prime is built, then you’d see why hes only just now doing transparency. Plus, hes busy with his 3d metroid game too, making the file editor.

Thats not easy to do since the viewer has a zoom function that can confuse things and make it hard to compare two model’s size, but I think I -may- be able to pull it off, ill see what i can do. Though they are most likely very close in size.

edit- your aero trooper looks kickass btw
edit2- yeah sorry, but the two models for the aeros and the regulars are zoomed in at different places when you open the file, so i can’t know which is bigger, or how big to make one in comparison to the other. Ill talk to the one now commonly known as, “The Maker” lol, about showing zoom variables so i can make sure they are both zoomed in the same distance.

Thanks, thats awsome. This guy seems pretty proffessional.

He is. He’s a god reverse engineer. I wasn’t going to post this, but he said it would be ok. This is ridley. And man he’s kickass:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z180/di…ty16/ridley.png

that will surely be very helpful to the spriter working on ridly! :slight_smile:

He reverse-engineers model files from videogame ROMs as a profession?

Also, I have a shot of the aqua pirate model with transparent skin (which Red, you might want), in addition to the bunch of other model and skeleton shots I saved on my computer, including 6 shots from different angles of the Meta Ridley model loaded into MAYA. >_>

I don’t know what you’re doing, but A.) Slothien has an P2D Thardus in the works already, and B.) keep in mind that that model is missing the rock chunks that you destroy on him–it looks like how it looks in the death cutscene.

I can get the rocks thaardus throws at you. And possibly the ice. Poses will be possible soon : D. So eventually Ill be able to pose models exactly the way you guys want em. Itd prob be easy for me to do if you just draw a little wireframe of how you want it posed. just something like this

I know that looks terrible <_<
but yeah, ill let you know when i can pose em. And when transparency is done.

Wow, poses? With poses, you ciuld almost do half the work for us. Like I did, you could pose them however they should look in 2d, then shrink them, and make perfect sprite replicas. If its not too much work, you could save us loads of time.

No. Blizzard may be lazy enough to use prerendered sprites, but ours are all handmade so far and most of us would like them to stay that way.

Besides, that’s a TON of work for them. Every single pose for every single monster at every single angle used, screenshot’d at the same scale?