Royal Marines

I have a way to dampen recoil.

It uses twice as much gunpowder, though, and might cause you to end up with a bullet in your shoulder.

Yeah. Two projectiles firing at the same time should cancel each other out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the main problem with your sprite is the fact that the whole arm and hand are the same width. To me it looks like a fat stick shrinking on one end with a metal tip. No offense…

Hm. I’ll see what can be done about that.

That looks a hole lot better.

:smiley: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (you can’t just say lol to that)

The face on the pencil drawing doesn’t look to feminine. I can understand what your talking about what with the cup size and all but… maybe if you work on the face a little bit… and what if her hair was just tied back in a pig-tail?

Well…I been ever so slightly busy here. During the intervening time between posts, I drew a ship by the name of Flawless, and I yesterday, I began to model it in GMAX. Here are the results:

Model is roughly 50% completed. I doubt that I’ll get time today, but tomorrow or the next day, I’ll see about completing it.

I’d say it’s 30% done since many things on the model look nothing like the drawing (command tower, prongs fore and aft, too wide and blocky). To whom does this ship belong anyway?

Uh…me?

Are you talking about intellectual property, or alligience within its universe? 'Cause for the second one, it’s a Human Destroyer-Flagship.

The prongs have been fixed, but the other changes are design shifts that acompany putting it into a 3D environment, especially with a modeler like me who’s less-than-veteran.

EDIT: And here she is, Flawless in all her glory, completed but for a texture:

NICE MODELS!

What do you use to make them?

Hm. It’s almost as though you didn’t actually read the post.

“…I began to model it in GMAX…”

Can’t blame you there, I’m not that proficient at AC3D either.

Well, the blockiness makes it look more human, but I take it the ship was stolen from aliens judging by your question?

gegojr, marines in the modern army have crew cuts. I suspect that here they treat them the same way, hence hair short enough to fit comfortably in a helmet?

Uh, no, it’s a totally Human ship. The question was a misunderstanding upon if you meant I had taken the design from another artist, or if you meant which faction it belonged to.

Crew-cuts aren’t actually required after the first day(to my knowledge), but it does stand to reason to keep hair short if you’re in the military. Besides, I already have a character–one who is not the one in armour–who has a ponytail. :slight_smile:

DUDE! the flawless as you call it looks awesome! maybe we could use it for our game… except that its not halo…

Sure isn’t.

Hmm, about the hair, is that character a tomboy? The crew cut would make sense then…

For your 2D, on the ground, Halo game?
<_<

Just thought about this, but if that alien’s skin can repel small arms fire… then it would easily repel a .357 magnum. Compared to even a .223 (at ranges longer than 75 yards) the .357 magnum is a pretty dinky round. Heck, if you want to kill that thing, you could just make a .243 revolver or something similarly powerful ( if the shooter can stand up to the recoil.)

Besides, large caliber doesn’t equal lots of power. A .45 ACP caliber handgun, for instance, is about a sixth as powerful as a .30-06 caliber rifle, but a .30-06 caliber rifle is about a fourth as powerful as a .50 BMG caliber rifle. The difference is all in velocity (for stopping power) and sectional density (for penetration.) I have already explained velocity, but not sectional density. An arrow has excellent sectional density, allowing it to penetrate through sandbags that a 8X57 can’t. Suffice to say that the closer a projectile’s shape is to an arrow’s the more effectively it will penetrate (which is why the DU penetrator rounds are so effective.)

The Gauss rifle in StarCraft uses 8mm Uranium-tipped spike rounds which have a point smaller than one thousandth of an inch. MS17, how effective would that be considering your info?

Right, because CQB usually occurs at distances greater than seventy meters?

It’s not the alien’s skin, it’s semi-organic self-repairing exoskeletal armour plating. :stuck_out_tongue:

A .223 round can hardly penetrate modern body armour; it is most certainly not used in this particular universe. The smallest standard rifle round is a 6.8. As for .357, a Magnum shot at five feet will go through near anything. And if it doesn’t, the kinetic force of being slammed with a bullet that big at supersonic speeds will pretty much incapacitate the target and shatter a good deal of insides near the impact site. At distances where a rifle round would be more effective, a rifle is used. That’s why they issue rifles as standard weapons as opposed to handguns–it’s just that at five feet, not only is a Magnum handgun gonna dish out more punch, it’s gonna do it faster and with more agility. It’s a lot easier to swing a pistol around to target after target than it is a rifle, as well as being more compact and less encumbering, and easier to quickly aim and fire.

No, Gold Leader, she is not a tomboy, she’s a soldier. Soldiers don’t get long hair because it tends to get caught in things which can cause the soldier to end up dead.

The Gauss weapons used by infantry forces aren’t like the ones used in Starcraft–there are very few handheld Gauss weapons, and those few are semi-automatic, long-range armour-piercing or anti-personelle sniper weapons.

Not so good. Even DU can’t hold an edge when it is that thin :confused:
Then again, if the tip isn’t just that 1/1000 of an inch, it would be very potent at 8X57 velocities. So if I am understanding you that it just narrows to 1/1000 of an inch, then that would be one powerful round.

To 58- Have you ever shot any firearm? A handgun is extremely hard to use. No matter what distance, a rifle in .223 or above is 100% better than any pistol .380 ACP and above.

When firing a pistol, only your hands are there to support the thing, producing two results. One is tremendous recoil, as only your hands are bracing against the gun. Two is the result that it is hard to hold the pistol steady, since you can’t brace it against any large part of the body.

Also, the .223 is very effective at penetrating all body-armor at distances up to 400 yards, save for SAPI plates. Heck, the only thing that will penetrate a SAPI plate is a full-powered rifle round, or .243 and up. And penetrate it will. A .223 out of an M-16 will penetrate about 27 inches of soft tissue (muscle,) which is enough to kill something as weak as a human, even with armor on. A 30-06 out of a M1 Garand, however, will penetrate 60-something inches into soft tissue. A .50BMG will penetrate around 300 inches into the same tissue.