Samus' Income

I’m guessing that she gets paid as much as any non-greedy bounty hunter. And I’m also guessing that if dollars are still around then, they’ve inflated so far that it takes a billion $ to buy one M&M…

Probably as much as world-class hired assassians now-a-days. Which is quite alot but it’s no Jennifer Aniston or anything. :smiley:

We’re talking money in modern terms… Duh. :sweat:

And I’m saying blowing up planets because that’s what she did in SM, and you’re saying $55,000 per mission, including SM.

I think you’re not comprehending just how huge what she’s doing is. She’s replacing an army, she’s putting her life on the line. You don’t put your life on the line against an entire civilization for 55 grand.
Would you assassinate President Bush for that much? (or some other powerful leader you don’t like)
It’s a ridiculously tiny sum of money.

I’d assassinate a particular political leader that happens to be in the USA for free :wink:

When you think about it, Samus has a vendetta against space pirates. So the missions where she has to defeat the space pirates, she’ll probably do for free.

Hay I’d want to be paid anyway.If I could make money at it then it’s like a bonis

He made a point there. Samus has a somewhat-normal life(I cannot elaborate on that) all she is, is a 1/3 human, 1/3 Metroid, 1/3 Chozo chick in a kick-ass suit. She goes up to the Federation, makes a few deals, gets a home, ship, food, medical care and some back-up if needed.

Yeah, and the only missions Samus ever went on in her entire life were the 7 (I guess 8 if you count Zero Mission for some reason…) we played.

Seriously, she’s had to have been sent on less-difficult/risky missions, such as killing a bunch of stupid pirate smugglers, or something simple like that. Yeah, Samus could still die, but Samus isn’t some fat moron, so she would most likely survive. I mean, we’ve seen her fly off with the Plasma Beam (Even though -we- never see it ever again hardly) and the Gravity Suit and gear like that at the end of alot of the games. After she flies off, she could easily be sent on a simpler mission, and just freaking melt everyone (or blow them up with her ship -.-), and it’s so easy it wouldn’t even be worth 10 credits, let alone 55,000. I didn’t make that clear in my first post.

And as I said, the more difficult and life-threatening missions (a.k.a. the games we’ve played) would be worth not even 100x that amount. (Even if I said a few extra 100,000 and not more than 100x the amount <_<)

I don’t care anymore on how stupid I look. I’m going to be open with it instead of hide it :E However I would suggest just not replying to me anymore as to avoid more moronic responses from me.

Also, I would assassinate Bush for that much because of how easy it would be. But I’m not going into that.

No, those just happen to be the ones we’re actually talking about…

Firstly, I doubt she’s done many non-risky missions, for a coupla reasons: 1) She’s got better stuff to do, like fly around space looking for pirates. 2) The GF wouldn’t need to buy her for the mission, they could just send their own troops. They’re not THAT useless…
Secondly, even if she’s done a couple of small missions, that’s not really what I’m interested in. Sure, she gets a few thousand bucks for her tiny missions, but what does she get when she can actually monopolize trillions of dollars out of them? They don’t have a choice, they HAVE to buy her, since it’s the only way they can defeat the pirates without any losses (unless they lose Samus), plus, it’s cheaper if you pay Samus a trillion or so than to start a war. So, when she asks for that trillion, they have to give it to her. THAT’S what I’m wondering about.

Read what I just wrote, and then consider what I wrote earlier. She does NOT put her life on the line for free (or near there) when her missions are worth a trillion bucks, and extremely dangerous. How many times have you ever died in the Metroid games? Pretty dangerous.

You’re just saying that to be hatin’ on Bush. You haven’t actually considered it (obviously)

When I said they wouldn’t be worth even 100x the amount it seemed obvious that I meant it is worth a lot more. I guess it wasn’t <_<

And to answer your question, 10.

That’s it.

In all likelihood Samus probably has to pay the cost of property damage. In almost every single Metroid game to date, Samus has blown up at least one planet/space station (only game so far not to do that would be Metroid 2). This would probably be deducted from her pay, and no matter how much you get paid, blowing up a planet or a space station is going to put you in the hole. She probably has to sell her power ups to the federation to pay for damages. Not to mention that she technically failed her mission in Metroid Prime 2. Samus is probably a poor woman indeed. As for her other missions, they probably pay the bills, and that’s it.

Perhaps Samus’ lack of personality (so far) in the games may lead to this problem’s conclusion. If Samus is hell bent on taking revenge for the deaths of her parents and so on and so forth, maybe she doesnt care how much money she gets so long as she has backing from the Feds to blow up Space Pirates?

umm siriously do you think samus is the only bounty hunter in the galaxy? if she was she could probubly ask for the trillion, but seeing how she isnt, other bounty hunters would likely take the same job for much less, so the GF would stop hiring samus because of the outrageous prices shes asking for. This makes your statement untrue because if the GF stopped hiring her, then there would be no MP2:E or MP:H or even MP. Or, if there were, you would not be playing as samus, but the bounty hunter that asked for the least money that the GF hired.

You do realize that Samus could take on all the bounty hunters in the galaxy at the same time, right?

That chick is supposed to be crazily powerful in the games. NO bounty hunter could get that job done except Samus :stuck_out_tongue:
She’s monopolizing the industry of sabotaging the projects of an interstellar civilization.

if you look at mp hunters, they are almost all equil, and in player vs player battle mode, they have virtually the same skill.

They had to balance them for multiplayer. In single player, she completely owns them all with no effort. Then a monster kills all six at once, and she takes THAT out on her own.

Daz DOES have a point.

That Chozo power suit seems extremely advanced. High-level energy shielding, modular upgrades, things which seem to work on the principles of matter-to-energy conversion (Morph Ball, etc). With the suit alone, Samus is probably much more survivable and powerful than the average bounty hunter. Not to mention the fact that she’s a Chozo warrior who was trained by a race that was probably around before humans crawled out of the ocean.

No average bounty hunter could do the things Samus does… hence why she’s in such demand from the Federation.

As for the pay thing? I beleive Samus gets paid quite well. You don’t save the GF and other intelligent races from the Space Pirate’s biological weapon every day, and no ordinary bounty hunter could do that. I mean, what?

“Yo, Samus! Great job saving humanity as we know it! Here’s a thousand credits, go get yourself a shiny new GF rifle or something.”

“Good to see you back. Now that you’ve wiped out the deadliest creature we’ve ever known, here’s five hundred credits. Your ship could use a new paint job.”

“Excellent job, Samus! You’ve destroyed the Pirates once again and stopped them from developing a superweapon that could destroy all life as we know it. HAVE A BOTTLECAP!”

I mean, come ON! That gunship is one of the most advanced craft in the GF sectors, from what we gather. It would cost a lot just to maintain the thing. Not to mention suit repairs, docking costs, recharging fees… it’s impossible for Samus NOT to get paid.

Besides, she’s a bounty hunter. She HUNTS BOUNTIES and DOES MISSIONS for CASH. It’s what bounty hunters DO. There’s no point for doing it otherwise (and don’t give me the “thrill of the hunt” business either).

By the way… property damage? Huh? If I were a GF president, I’d be thanking Samus for saving all our butts single-handedly, not flying into a rage because she happened to blow up a planet while trying to do it. I don’t care how many planets she blows up. She can blow up the andromeda cluster for all I care, as long as she keeps the Pirates from developing a bioweapon that could potentially destroy everything.

Amen :astonished:

This is something we will NEVER find out. Isn’t worth arguing over IMHO. Samus isn’t real. If she is real she would blow up Earth in self defense against some crazy leader with a trigger happy VP :unamused: