Samus Sprite - MZM/MP2 Style Varia Cross

I stand corrected.

Wow… That’s damn odd… I thought copyrighting something meant going through tons of shit so that you got to put a little “c” next to your stuff, but now it’s like anyone can copyright something whenever they want. That isn’t neccisarily a good thing… If one person makes something and doesn’t copyright it (thinking there’s no point in going through all that crap) and another person takes it, you’re telling me he can go ahead and copyright it right under the creator’s nose? Holy…

I think that perhaps what you are thinking of is a patent–you have to go through paperwork and such for a patent, but a copyright is simply saying that a certain art piece belongs to you and if someone takes it without permission that you have a case in court.

And, since Nintendo is awesome, they don’t sue people for something like copyrighting a Samus sprite, as long as they didn’t make it and the person doesn’t claim to have come up with the idea of Samus, and that person gives due credit to Nintendo and whatnot.

Gold Leader, if you read farther, you would know that someone is allowed five years to fix the lack of a notice or a mistaken notice of copyright. People cannot take the material without permission because the copyright is automatic. If the creator has proof that he had the item first, legal action can be taken.

I can see how the person would have a case when he has proof of having the item first, but the automatic copyright thing is a little bit puzzling. Most people wouldn’t know that, nor do they put copyright symbols next to their work. It’s a wierd system, but I don’t really mind…

(Now I have to find out if I can copyright my “Gold Leader Productions” title and logo since they have to do with Star Wars, lol)

That looks more like Starcraft than Star Wars. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in a phase, lol. He’s a pilot isn’t he? BTW, it’s only temporary until I can get my logo sorted out.