smartdude's metroid project

i can rip my own, its no problem for me :smiley: .

thanks for the offer anyways! :smiley:

i might need a sprite artist later on, but for now im good.

ok, if u need any sprites just email me. i have a large collection, the metroid sprite god sheet.(56098kb file size)

DUDE! that screen shots cool! :O_O:

About the varia suit…just recolour the GS…its easy

yeah…the only sprites i will ever need for this game are a couple enemies, some bosses, and of course, m samus. those aren’t needed for demo, so no worries now.

also, the demo will be a bit slowed down because of these 3 reasons:

1. WOW

2. FE: POR

3. and some more WOW…

sorry, will get back to work soon…

Where did you get those Zero Mission sprites and tiles?

tsgk.captainn.net

translation : the shy guy kindom hosted by captainn.net.

oh ok thx

theres no tiles that i can find… do you know what i should type in to find them? if there there…

i have no idea where the tiles would be… keep searching, i guess…

emulator, i use visual boy advanced to capture tiles and such.

that sounds cool… but i have no idea what that is lol… do you think you could maybe post or send me the tiles you have?

try_this68@hotmail.com
ya it gay i know… lol

Hmmm intersting game…but I rather not have the same old glitch problems for the old M2 >.>

Visual Boy Advance = Emulator
Metroid ROM = Metroid from cartridge/CD dumped onto the CD
ROMs = Illegal because court made no back-ups rule
Good = Luck from me. You will need it if you don’t know the stuff above.

why of course >_>, i no longer have the emulator, also, i refuse to email the location of the emulator, as you can always google it…

…sniper…we know…

go here: TSR

it has plenty of tiles and such. Just click nintendo and then metroid. tada!

serious slowdown on demo, im at lvl 37 today…must read lvl 45 in warcraft…sorry…im hooked.

until then, feel free to post any ideas you think would be interesting while im gone.

this is sorta annoying -.- i just bought metroid 2 andi wont have time to kill all 39 metroids before you finish this T.T

i have to hurry up and beat it

just got grounded from WOW for playing too much ,had time to work on game.

i finished the ball upgrades today, still havn’t figured out how or if i want to make spider ball (i didn’t like it myself)

reworking firing, and creating invisible blocks (the transparent ones that you dont see much when you are behind them)

also, i really need some help because i need a sprite for metroid 2’s ship in zm style, if anyone out there is really good at sprite art, it would be cool if i could have it finished (if it is finished, i can show a demo sooner, however, i will be posting a physics demo (no shooting added, so i can fix physics first) so that i can see if i got everything right cough walljump cough

just got to lvl 40…got free pali mount…

…stupid uldaman monsters…

also, later, i will be trying to decide on new powerups, so if you have any ideas you think would be cool in a metroid game, you can post them.

are you gonna do what zm did? make a new section after the final boss, coz that would be great.

anyway, heres new powerup ideas:

meteor suit: samus gets hit by a meteor, and it upgrades her suit.

gohst ball: pass through some types of walls.

acid beam: if samus stands in acid pool, she can shoot acid beam.

i think i have spider ball sprites somwhere, they will turn up sooner or later.