So I was thinking of a way to present a scenario

So I was thinking of a way to present a scenario that would allow for Samus to use a beam saber. Because beam sabers are cool as hell.

Anyway I thought “What if the pirates reverse engineered her power beam and like, made it a saber or something dumb like that? Then Samus would need to use a power beam saber to kill the ‘saber troopers’ or something.”

That really doesn’t work since she could just use the power beam and all, but it sounded cool when I was thinking it.

“Saber troopers.” Yummy.

The point of this topic is to present situations where Samus would consider using a saber weapon of some sort.

The cannon overloads as a result of too many upgrades, resulting in an esplosion. The remains are the power source and primary coils, which are supercharged with the cannons energy and give it of constantly in a warm, yellow-green glow. Due to the supercharged nature of the coils, any contact with another object, person, enemy, etc., results in damage to the contact. (Samus is immune, due to Deus Ex Machina)

play SSB:Brawl when it comes out <.< I do believe that she has a beam saber in the form of a transforming pistol.

How about samus simply finds a beam sword upgrade? Sorta like most of samus’s upgrades in most games.

It’d be less practical.

Why slash what you can shoot?

@Antidote, I like to pretend Zero Suit Samus doesn’t exist. =D Also it’s a whip, I think.

yes, i wholeheartedly agree with that statement. if it were simply an upgrade, it would never be used. that’s why the power beam has to be disabled before players will use it. some sort of malfunctional virus or something xD

or, you could give the upgrade beforehand, assuming that they wont use it until later, when you get samus beat up by some acid pirates or something and the energy propulsion devices in her weapon become disabled, and she is forced to use the beam sword

Well they would add enemies that can’t be killed by the power beam. Later, you would get a beam that could match the energy sword, but certain types of pirates etc… could only be killed by the sword.

Simple.

ahh… i hadn’t thought about that scenario.

well it wouldnt be a terrible idea. it would awesome actually i would use it on space pitates all day.:stuck_out_tongue: but then the game will feel to haloish.

I thought of this a while back. Its simple.
Upgrade of cannon, with a selection like the missels in Super Metroid, it does a ton of damage when an enemy is hit directly (as in while samus slashes) then launches a )) shaped beam that is about as powerful as a missile, but doesnt stop when it hits a target.

there you go. :smiley:

How would this sound samus is exploring a distress signal coming from a Galactic federation ship, on her way out she meets and omega pirate or something really big.
so it shoots her and she loses half her suits upgrades as done traditionally.
as a result her arm cannon malfunctions and she is in a half busted power suit no weapons so she flies her ship to a G.F docking bay and the captain gives her a beam saber to allow her to defend her self. :smiley:
I know it stinks but i thought of it real quick so whatever.

I honestly think it’d be pretty cool if you could just charge your power beam, and hit people over the head with it.

You charge it up, and the charge energy in the arm cannon can be used to bash people with an “energy hammer”.

It wouldn’t have been that hard to implement in MP3 too.

"I honestly think it’d be pretty cool if you could just charge your power beam, and hit people over the head with it.

You charge it up, and the charge energy in the arm cannon can be used to bash people with an “energy hammer”.

It wouldn’t have been that hard to implement in MP3 too."

Fine i guess but it is statistically better to shoot them in the first place :3.