There is an extensive application process for becoming a part of Team SCU, a process which does not revolve entirely around your skill. As this is a tight-nit group of developers, the ability to mesh with the team is paramount. This informed the development of our application process:
- Submit a curated portfolio of work within this thread, tailored to this project and the area you intend to pursue.
- The Essence will consider your portfolio at their leisure. Excessive checking of the approval status is a good way to make sure you don’t get in.
- If approved, you will be bumped to the ‘recruit’ status and informed via PM. Access to selected Team areas will be granted to you, with the others pending full acceptance.
- There will be a month-long period where your performance and interactions with the team will be monitored to determine if you are a good fit. This period will include targeted tests to demonstrate your ability to work within our guidelines.
- Prior to the next team meeting, The Essence will have an anonymous vote to determine if you will be accepted. If you are accepted, you are expected to attend the meeting in question.
There you have our process. May the odds be ever in your favor.