Some Frigate Design Implements

I don’t know if anything like this has been addressed yet, seeing as how the build demo is only so far and CoreFusionX is going to be making the levels himself (I think… I mean it’s his engine right?). Anyway, I recently gained access to Prime for a bit and decided to check out the Frigate Demo. I jotted down some mental notes in my head about how the things were designed and began to wonder if they were going to be included in P2D. Oh yes, they won’t tax the system or anything: they would go hand in hand with your usual Metroid game.

(These are only some. If anyone else has any ideas about how to make the frigate look more complete, go ahead and tell everyone and I’ll post them here. If the P2D team actually decides to use them then I’ll check them off. If not, they get a big fat X.)

Ideas:

1) Ok, during that first corridor where you see the parasites scurrying underneath your feet, I think you could do it like this: Have a small, one tile passageway a tile below where you’re standing. Have the first block next to the border of the map (or perhaps the next one over to prevent the parasites from falling through) visible but not solid. When you enter the room for the first time, have the game spawn several one-way parasite objects in that block and have them scurry to the right at different speeds. Then, further down the passageway, have more visible but not solid blocks hiding a point at which the parasites will be deleted. Of course this includes adding another object as well as a possible upside down parasite which is walking on the roof of the small passageway, just to give it more detail.

2) The map room in DF’s build demo is kind of… Odd… The entryway is a wide open outjutting which just slides into the floor. Well why not do what Prime did but with an explodable block? (Ok, Prime didn’t have that, but we’re talking about a SM type of game. If they made Prime this way they would have never thought of making the hole in the side of the wall in the first place.) For the introduction (with the parasites leading you to the map room) you could add two parasites which start running right when you get near them. Unlike you, they would be able to fall through the explodable block (and then be deleted of course) as if leading you there. Then, using your common sense, you would bomb the area where they went down and vuala! The blackened area under the floor would disperse (just like in SM or Fusion) and reveal the map room.

So, uh, I take it this has to be posted in the SCU forums for it to be noticed? Just asking a favor here; could someone post this in SCU for me?

i’ll do it but what do you want me to put it under? game progress?

Game Progress??!! No, no, no, NEIN! Ok, how about this.

Topic: (Same)
Subtitle: Ideas for the Frigate Design

Main Post: Blah blah blah this is where people put down their ideas for the demo for the P2D team to look over. If they don’t like it, it get’s crossed out, if they like it add a check. Ask for others who want to contribute to some of the design implements on the firgate, yada yada yada. Then put down one and two like I did but put the person who submitted it’s name under em like:

1) Ok, during that first corridor where you see the parasites scurrying underneath your feet, I think you could do it like this: Have a small, one tile passageway a tile below where you’re standing. Have the first block next to the border of the map (or perhaps the next one over to prevent the parasites from falling through) visible but not solid. When you enter the room for the first time, have the game spawn several one-way parasite objects in that block and have them scurry to the right at different speeds. Then, further down the passageway, have more visible but not solid blocks hiding a point at which the parasites will be deleted. Of course this includes adding another object as well as a possible upside down parasite which is walking on the roof of the small passageway, just to give it more detail. - Gold Leader

ok i’ll do that right now :wink:

edit-

posted

Thanks. Let’s see how it does.