Speed booster

Daz… he meant like how it is with the screw attack. If you aim at something, and activate speed booster, it would run until you disengaged it. Not exactly like screw attack, but… whatever.
You would probably only be able to run at certain targets.
And I don’t seem to remember doors taking more time to open, or any kind of stopping to load of any sort in Metroid Prime.
edit: You also wouldn’t be able to turn once you activated speed booster. Just straight. And to me, what I just described sounds like a combination of screw attack and grappling beam… or something.

It’s basically what I’m implying. All you have to do is use your head. :wink:

Um, first off, then you obviously have a very faulty memory, as doors stop to load all the damn time. Ever shot a door and stood in front of it for about ten seconds before it finally opened? Happens all the time to me and everyone else i’ve spoken to about it… And of course it usually seems to happen when you’re low on health and under fire trying to escape, but that’s another story. XD

Anyway, you’re again assuming it will work without actually thinking about practical application. If you could only run in a straight line, you’d only be able to use it in completely empty and huge rooms. MP/2 probably have about three validly sized obstacle-free rooms altogether, if that, and there’s no way they’d redesign the entire games’ map just to allow them to use an item like this. Sure, they could have just a few rooms meant for it, but eh, it just seems kinda pointless and forced that way. Even assuming they did that there’s still the issue of load times and game crashing…

Plus, what the hell button would you use for it?

Look, they put in the Boost Ball because an actual Speed Booster is not gonna work. That’s probably the best we’re gonna get.

1. If the Revolution is capable of faster loading speeds, there could be up to 5 rooms loaded at a time.

2. The speed booster doesn’t have to go THAT fast, so i don’t see how it would be difficult for controlling. Make it say MP2 screw attack speed. If it had more left/right capabiltiy, it would be easy to control.

3. After running a while, the camera can move to third person. No need for a seperate button.

I gotta agree with Daz. The speed booster would not be practical, or even very useful for that matter in a 3D metroid game. I mean, what are you possibly gonna do with a speedbooster upgrade in that game, run through a wall? Shinespark a boss? I don’t think so.

Run through a wall…

<_<

1. Okay, fine.

2. If it’s not even that fast, what’s the point? The screw attack is only a bit faster than walking IIRC…

3. That would be annoying as hell. >_> Sorry, but randomly shifting to 3rd person every time you start exploring would … ugh. Just no.

it technically woudn’t shift randomly… only after walking in a straight line for so long :smiley:

It’s practically the screw attack on foot, except instead of using “B” to constantly jump, you just have to move left to right a bit.

Alright, never mind, I get what Daz is saying. It would be kinda pointless to put it in for one or two rooms. but of course, there could be a way of using a ‘speed booster’, so to speak, as an addition to the boost ball. So in stead of short bursts, it’s…well… foreverish. Unless you hit something head on, or disengage it (just boost ball button again). But a running speed booster would get kinda annoying.

… speed ball… odd sounding.

you gotta admit, a speed booster morph ball thingermawhatsit would actually work.

“A speed booster morph ball thingermawhatsit”? Sounds basically like the boost ball >_>

But killing a boss with the speed booster will look kinda cool I think…and flying through the air ?? just what you can do in the normal metroid games, I think the rev could handle that… :smiley:

A thing I find stange about metroid games is that this is the future, and Samus has an extremely advanced suit so shouldnt she be able to destroy mountains and her weapont be 10 times as strong as an a-bomb?

yeah that’s kinda true but that would make her TO powerfull… to bad :wink:

how do you know her power suit isn’t that strong, have she ever been on earth try that, no!

Yeah, I think that maybe using all of her power shes stronger than all of the ratchet and clanck wepons combined! and I’m sure ridley could destroy earth… and Samus can destroy Ridley :laughing:

you see, now there is two against your theory TDJ '_-

dude its not a theory but if she was(is) stronger than a A-bomb it would needed 1 shot for a boss, that’s not cool, games must have gameplay you know :wink:
maybe in real-life :confused: (if) when they make a movie about metroid (yeah I know it was cancelled but there is hope :smiley: ) you can let her destroy a planet but not in games…

Um, Zebes blew up as soon as MB died.

Oh, okay than i’m off whatever ill delete that post, but why when MB was killed in Zero Mission the planet did not blow up? So no one else finds that strange how Samus isn’t as strong as the Deathstar? Oh well this is really getting off topic, id say that samus travels at least 80 mph, ive done calculation on how many meters per second and, its pretty high, because even when she isnt speed boosting she still travels, much faster than many olympic runners…