Sphere XP

My PC is more than 10x faster then my Mac, cost half as much, and was bought at around the same time. >_>

Hell, my dad’s computer cost 1/10 as much and is faster.

However, Linux pwns all, so yeah. Plus I know of a crapload of Mac viruses. The thing is, people that make viruses want destruction, and since there are so many more PC users relative to Mac users, it causes more destruction to plant them there.

Zurg, crapload is an exaggeration. You are correct, they want destruction, but the reason they avoid coding for mac isn’t because they aren’t widespread (They’re relatively common, and often used for graphics/audio editing. If some viruses meant for windows could infect Mac, a lot of people could lose a lot of money and a lot of work), but because Mac is more secure. The only viruses I’ve ever seen for Mac were fairly trivial and pretty easy to get rid of, and to put it in perspective, they were obtained through a level of stupidity on par with downloading something on limewire with the filetype .mp3.exe

Edit: …just to be clear, I know Macs don’t use .exe files, I’m just making a comparison <_<

All the Mac viruses I’ve seen don’t give you a chance to get rid of them. The ones I’ve seen tend to make it think that it had a power flux and turned of, so it “turns on”, doubling power to everything and frying it. And yeah, that sucks.

First, your wrong. Second, your wrong, and Third, your wrong. There are no such virus’s for a mac. I WOULD have heard about that. So far, all that there is is malware. And Safari checks everything that you download for any executable file. So if there is something, like you download an mp3, it will tell you that there is a executable file hidden in there, and ask you if you want to keep it. Idiots press yes. Not me.

Yah, well windows does the same thing… shows you how stupid people are. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, tell me they don’t exist:
http://antivirus.about.com/od/macintoshres…s_Resources.htm

I get security updates pretty much weekly, patching these holes that are found. Same cant be said for Windows.

Except for some of the gaping security holes in IE that are vulnerable for far, far longer than they should be <_<;;

Who uses internet explorer? Even Microsoft said that is sucked, and had more holes in it than a WW1 solider that tried to run through no mans land.

That’s one of the more interesting analogies I’ve seen, Ashes.

The Sphere XP thing looks cool, but I’m not gonna get it. Not worth the download. Not to say that it isn’t worth the download for other people. It’s just not worth it for me. I need my processing power for other applications.

I don’t honestly know.
The deaf idiots like my friend Andrew who, despite everything, still think that IE is more secure than Firefox/Opera, simply because it’s a microsoft product.
I don’t know why microsoft=secure, though. If I see a microsoft label on something, I generally jump to the other extreme and assume it’s horribly insecure and is incompatible with the majority of microsoft’s other products.
Or even other versions of the same product.

Anything by Microsoft is like a cheap Window, it doesn’t cost much, its easy to break, has problems all the time, and its transparent.

The only thing I’ve ever had happen out of all of those is the Cheap part (as in $$).

>_>

Can’t say the same for my mac. It’s slow, expensive, and just bleh.

join the club dude, though i sold my mac ages ago for a new TV and a 360

Zurg, some people know how to take care of cheap windows and make them work.

In the hands of people without that ability, that cheap window doesn’t last long <_<

And the .exe files can’t start in OS X.

Sure, I could have like tons of viruses on my Mac. But they are viruses that infect Windows so I don’t care.

If you take a look at how the OS is built, then you see one of the main reasons that there are like no viruses for OS X.
Darwin is based on Nextstep, who in turn is based on BSD. It uses the XNU micro kernel.
BSD is a real OS. Not crap like those Linux distros or Windows. BSD is forever.

I think OS 9 had 27 or was it 29 viruses.
Compare that to Windows 98

Liks mac knowledge>my mac knowledge =D