Sprite contest

DOUBLE POST
Wake up. The delay has passed and you now have a set contest:

‘The Nerd’s Revenge’:Do a remake, not an edit, of the sprite on the left, with a maximum size of 44x44. Add animations for walking up, down, left, right, and attack ones (pokes his nose and lugs a bogey). I have alredy done an almost complete set. I am not going to steal your sprites. I just want to see how you would have done it.

OR

‘Mariovania’: add a walking animation to the guy or do the same style (C:DOS) enemies from Mario, or characters. Crossbreeds such as a zombie/koopa or goomba/armor might be more fun to do than just to stick to one style. Do not steal my work. You can take it if you are going to use it to base your sprites off, and whatever.

React. Please.

THIRD POST
I hate doing this. I REALLY DO. A 3rd post and nobody reacts. A fourth might give me a warning. You people really lack of energy and ambition. Plus you’re cynical. I really wonder why you even joined this competiton. Prove it. Prove why you joined the competition. Go on.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.
Now you won’t be warned.

IDunno, maybe no-one’s interested?

Generally if a thread is inactive enough you have to triple-post like that, we just don’t have enough members that care enough to participate.

That probably won’t change just because you keep bumping it.

Wouldn’t it technically only count as double posting since only the last two were within 3 days of each other?

How about- instead of werewolves- we do some kind of form of transport.
Bonus points go for creativity.
Any kind of form of transport.
Hell, it could be those birdcage things in MP3 that were in SkyTown.
Metroid related or not, anything goes.

wait- werewolves kinda could be transport I guess.

Yeah, you’ll want to try to contact individual participants to get more activity. It’s a pretty busy time of year, so they may not be checking this topic that often.

I PMed them before triple-posting. And I set a subject, and the suggestions are closed. I thought I made that clear. Anyway, any new people who want to participate are very welcome. I also meant that creativity would give a bonus, as Elpizo clarified. Though I repeat, the suggestions are closed.

(Yeah, you might have wanted to PM us again so we’d know there was a theme already, but whatever)
I’ll get on to making something eventually, maybe.

Edit: Obviously a work in progress.

So what is the subject? I’ve seen ten different things so far.
I’ll be able to get started any time.

Sorry LR. That Peach/Daisy sprite you’ve started looks good. Is she the right size? I suggest you have a quick look at a Yoko sprite for a stance idea. But that’s sprite stance is fine.
The theme is on the only post where there are two of my posted pictures. I don’t want to repeat myself, and it won’t harm you to refer upwards.

Ho Ho Ho! Happy New… Crap! What are you guys up to? If you were busy with the festivities, you could have asked me to move the contest another time. Anyway, what’s up (if you’re not somewhere high up and snowy, isolated from civilisation)?

Your Rundas is sprited better than mine, but I’d say mine’s more accurate in just about every way.

I try to keep my pallette to a minimum while spriting, so it comes off as a more cartoony style, in my defense. The sprite itself isn’t quite shaped like Rundas, though I do like your shoulders alot more. The pallette is well chosen, but there are colors in places where colors shouldn’t be, such as the yellow on the legs (or most of the yellow for that matter).

If you’re to work on anything, I’d say all that needs work is the palette, and some of the shoulder/crest area.

Very good job though.

In the future you might want to work on general accuracy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, sorry if I come off a bit…well, you know.

You’re quite right really… I used 4 palettes of 4-6 shades, and that’s pretty abusive in terms of colors. Getting Rundas’ right color was quite tricky, so I added the same effect as on the artwork. Btw it’s green on the leg with two pixels of white: maybe the shading is too abrupt. The yellow on his head gives a nice effect zoomed at 100%, so I’ll keep it. I don’t understand what you mean when you say ‘better sprited’. General accuracy: stance? ->legs less spread
->longer thighs + arms
->look at MP3 model in Research
(for better stance)
->color dosage
Hopefully, these points are the ones you wanted me to correct. Thanks for that comment!

4-6 colors really is overkill on a small sprite.

As far as palette, you want to use the colors FROM the work you’re referencing, and lay them out the same way.
The "nice effect your yellow gives is innacurate. Its too dark, and isnt really shaped like his head.

Its better sprited, as in more colors, yet still done well (not accurate, but done well). As far as stsnce, thats mostly practice unless youre pre rendering.

No pre-rendering. That’s for slobs. I’ll get rid of the green and purple. I looked at the model, and the artwork is inaccurate. The stance is too flat, his arms are more upright. Ask admin to get rid of my post on your topic. That was a way of asking your opininon.

Im generally against pre-rending, unless it NEEDS to be perfectly accurate (such as for P2D), or a very good starting pose for the sheet is already availible(as render).

Yeah, you should almost NEVER reference both the model and artwork in Metroid. Because they’re NEVER the same thing. Look in the gallery artwork and you’ll find that pretty much none of those are the final versions. Yeah, the stance is a little flat, but it really depends what you’re going for. If you’re planning to sheet, stiff poses are bad (which I happen to do quite a bit lol).

Yeah, but it’s still tasteless. People will eventually come to your topic, and it takes away from my work when other people post in my topic, not to mention it potentially breaks the flow of conversation. Its fine, but try not to do it, at least to me. : )

Only 6 colors on the sprite now. Legs and arms are in progress: the stance is redone in order to make him look like he’s standing. In reference to the game, his lower is not horizontal, but vertical like a human’s. The color scheme is frosty-silver, with sheens of yellow. I might do a PED version of the final sprite. I might even give the final one the same pose as the idle Rundas in Creatures.

I look forward to seeing it. : )

Not the final version, but a definitive improvement =) .